EWR 2012 Stats Update: July ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

In my opinion independent wrestler CorVus needs to be added to the game. My suggestion for his stats would look like this...

Name: CorVus

Nationality: American

Weight: Lightweight

Overness: 20

(not the biggest name on the european scene)

Brawl: 52

Speed: 70

Technique: 68

Charisma: 75

(think he's a really charismatic dude and gets over with the crowd very quickly, because of his cowardly gimmick, which includes screaming like a girl etc.)

His Finisher could be the Cross Armbar, I think.

Guest Team 720

Bill's IMDB link for Spurles listed him as a booker. Perhaps delete him from the game as a worker and add him instead as a writer.

I think some trainer relationships should be removed such as ghe TWA relationships. I am pretty sure Rudy Boy and Paul Diamond actually trained the TWA guys and not Shawn. If anything Shawn should be friends with the ones like D-Bry, Kendrick and London.

Another one I'm not sure has been covered, (I've started a new game so it's just things I notice as I go through) but I think Christian's second finisher should perhaps be the Frog Splash. He's used it a few times as a finishing move since his latest return and the Spear definitely seems to be used as a build-up move either to the Splash or the Killswitch.

Thanks Bill, you're the man! :)

-Raise Johnny Saint's ability to 86. I've spoken to people who give rave reviews of his seminars/classes.

-Raise CM Punk's overness to 97.

-Check High Spots for Ric Flair. Raise his brawl to 74, selling to 82, and I'd argue his overness should be 98.

-Raise Hulk Hogan's stiffness to 40 and attitude to 56. I'd argue for Fonz Factor to be checked.

-Lower John Zandig's attitude to 66 and behavior to 54. Raise his overness to 58. According to Cagematch.de he is 48.

-Check High Spots for John Bradshaw Layfield. Raise his brawl to 77, technical to 38, selling to 79, and charisma to 94.

-Raise Dewey Donovan's charisma to 76, attitude to 82, and behavior to 84.

-Check Fonz Factor for Shane Strickland.

-Raise Ron Mathis' overness to 36 and charisma to 66. Make him a heel in HWA, Mid Card, Old School Heel.

-Raise Alex Colon's charisma to 78.

-Raise Nate Webb's overness to 36.

-Rename King Vu to Gerome Phillips (update alter egos). Raise his brawl to 57, speed to 16, technical to 48, stiffness to 45, selling to 58, overness to 37, and charisma to 61. Check Menacing. Move him to mid card for HWA, Man Beast.

-Raise Tarek the Legend's overness to 37. Add him to HWA as a Non-Wrestler.

-Raise American Kickboxer's brawl to 63, speed to 39, technical to 53, stiffness to 68, overness to 37, and charisma to 58.

-Raise American Kickboxer II's brawl to 38 and technical to 44. Lower his stiffness to 42. Is there a reason his charisma is so high? I wasn't able to find anything indicating it should be. Unless someone has something, lower it to 58.

-Add a tag team of The RAAGE Dojo (two As, not a typo) between American Kickboxer and American Kickboxer II, 10 exp.

-Change HWA Adrenaline to Tuesday nights.

-Add a friendship between American Kickboxer and Necro Butcher.

-Add a loyalty between American Kickboxer and American Kickboxer II.

Edited by KrisClassic

Does EWR work on apple mac? My dad just purchased one for his work and now i have to shift everything over, including EWR (or downloading it again) and every time i attempt to work it then it wont work properly....just wondering if it even works on apple macs?

Does EWR work on apple mac? My dad just purchased one for his work and now i have to shift everything over, including EWR (or downloading it again) and every time i attempt to work it then it wont work properly....just wondering if it even works on apple macs?

Look at the faq at the top of the forum, there is a link to a step by step process to put it on macs. I have a mac and it works flawlessly.

-Check High Spots for Ric Flair. I'd argue his overness should be 98.

-Check High Spots for John Bradshaw Layfield. Raise his brawl to 77, technical to 38, selling to 79, and charisma to 94.

These were the major things that stuck out from your list, Kris. The rest of the changes, I either agree with or don't know/don't care.

But these... first of all, what constitutes "high spots" these days? Flair and JBL weren't doing them when they were still wrestling actively, and I hardly think they'd be doing them now. Flair's biggest bump is falling off a ladder, but only from about halfway up typically. He does bleed a lot, but bleeding isn't a high spot. I don't think he deserves it. And JBL doesn't take hardcore bumps anymore and hasn't since he fully got into his rich Texan gimmick.

As for Flair, I don't think he deserves an over of 98. He would have if this were like... 1997, but he hasn't really been that "over". He's known around the world, but if you tried putting a world title on him in this day and age, people would laugh and call it ridiculously stupid, and for good reason. That's one thing about over - a wrestler can be popular worldwide, but his role or attributes not fit a title run.

The stats changes for JBL seem extremely unnecessary. The guy doesn't wrestle anymore, and it seems silly to want to boost his stats when I doubt he's going to be better NOW after he's been semi-retired for quite a while than compared to when he was world champion. He never deserved 94 in charisma, even in his prime, and certainly not selling of 79.

• Like 1

What ever over Hogan has Flair should be 3 points or so below.

Guest Team 720

Another one I'm not sure has been covered, (I've started a new game so it's just things I notice as I go through) but I think Christian's second finisher should perhaps be the Frog Splash. He's used it a few times as a finishing move since his latest return and the Spear definitely seems to be used as a build-up move either to the Splash or the Killswitch.

I would argue to make it the primary and the Killswitch his secondary.

-Check High Spots for Ric Flair. Raise his brawl to 74, selling to 82, and I'd argue his overness should be 98.

-Raise Hulk Hogan's stiffness to 40 and attitude to 56. I'd argue for Fonz Factor to be checked.

-Lower John Zandig's attitude to 66 and behavior to 54. Raise his overness to 58. According to Cagematch.de he is 48.

Ric Flair should not have high spots ticked. The most I saw him do was thumbtacks and maybe a barbed wire spot in 2006 during the Foley feud. I think his brawl stat is actually over-rated at 72 and should be lowered to 62. The guy should NOT be in the ring at all and is not as good as he once was.

Hulk Hogan does not look cool anymore. He was until like 2000 or so so do NOT tick fonz factor.

I am not sure what Zandig's deal is to lower his attitude and behavior. I know he was not the best to work for BUT,

JBL has not wrestled in three years so his stats are fine as is and should NOT have High spots ticked. His last high spots were in 2008 feuding with Cena.

The fact that Dean Ambrose, who is actually not in TV, has Overness 64, and Damien Sandow, who is a big deal and qualified for the Money in the Bank Match, has only Overness 54, is a mystery. Sandow should have at least Overness 70.

This brings something to my mind. I look at the guys in NXT or FCW and I see guys who have been top guys on the indies (Dean Ambrose, Kassius Ohno and Seth Rollins) who are higher than more over than some guys on the roster (namely Damien Sandow, Darren Young, Derrick Bateman, Jinder Mahal, Johnny Curtis, Percy Watson, Titus O'Neil, Yoshi Tatsu) Personally I think most guys on tv besides Mahal should be on-par with the Ambroses, Ohnos and Rollins of the world.

What ever over Hogan has Flair should be 3 points or so below.

So 97? IMO Flair would still not be that over. I would lower him down to 95 TOPS.

Other Notes:

IMO Darren Young and Titus O'Neil should have their overness raised to 68. I would raise Young's Charisma to 72 and Titus' charisma to 68.

IMO lower Percy Watson's charisma to 72. I see him as on par with Darren Young. Add him to the smackdown brand and promote him to the main roster as a lower midcard. He was in the crowd for the Great American Bash party.

Can anyone come with stats for Ashley Flair and Rachelle St. Clair?

NXT Notes based on the first three shows:

Aiden English should have his overness raised to 27.

Jason Jordan should have his overness raised to 25.

Kassius Ohno seems more like a heel than a tweener based on his promo.

Leo Kruger should have his overness raised to 45.

Nick Rogers should have his overness raised to 25.

Raquel Diaz should have her overness raised to 32.

Edit:

Change Keith Hansen/Luke Gallow's primary finisher to Gallow's Pole.

Edited by Team 720

As much as I love them, I think the indy guys in general are a bit overrated in many facets attribute wise, as was touched on last month. Same thing with some of the older guys. I sincerely doubt Ken Shamrock is now at 48 as good of a wrestler as Michael Elgin. It's a bit ridiculously easy to put on pretty good matches at will with just about any combination of people, and that's due to the universal stat inflation

I also think some wrestlers such as Dolph get these biased type bumps, notably his charisma. He's never stood out to me. I like the idea of a democratic process in which attributes are suggested, but when we get to people only 1 or 2 people in the process know, that allows for things to become unbalanced.

As much as I love them, I think the indy guys in general are a bit overrated in many facets attribute wise, as was touched on last month. Same thing with some of the older guys. I sincerely doubt Ken Shamrock is now at 48 as good of a wrestler as Michael Elgin. It's a bit ridiculously easy to put on pretty good matches at will with just about any combination of people, and that's due to the universal stat inflation

I also think some wrestlers such as Dolph get these biased type bumps, notably his charisma. He's never stood out to me. I like the idea of a democratic process in which attributes are suggested, but when we get to people only 1 or 2 people in the process know, that allows for things to become unbalanced.

Like I said, I'm holding off on adjusting ANY stats of ANY sort until July 20th. That gives everyone who wants to participate adequate time to suggest a "universal overhaul" as was suggested last month: http://www.ewbattleground.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88650&view=findpost&p=2651746

Until the 20th, all's I'm focusing on is non stats related stuff, such as adding tag teams, name changes, etc... I'll likley be working on more "housecleaning" too... But, if you have the July update, you know exactly where everyones' stats currently sit, so the best time to debate them and work on adjusting them on an overall basis is now.

Long story short, I can only go off of what everyone gives me... If there is a disagreement along the way, I usually end up putting the final number in the middle of the two suggested. But, if only a couple people are voicing their opinions, chances are, the game data is going to skew towards their opinions.

The best way, IMO, to "balance everything out" is to get more people voicing their opinion... But, you can't force people to participate.

It's also a helluva lot easier to say "the indy guys are overrated" than to go through who you feel is overrated in what areas and suggest changes to those areas.

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996

Responses are bolded.

-Check High Spots for Ric Flair. I'd argue his overness should be 98.

But these... first of all, what constitutes "high spots" these days? Flair and JBL weren't doing them when they were still wrestling actively, and I hardly think they'd be doing them now. Flair's biggest bump is falling off a ladder, but only from about halfway up typically. He does bleed a lot, but bleeding isn't a high spot. I don't think he deserves it. And JBL doesn't take hardcore bumps anymore and hasn't since he fully got into his rich Texan gimmick.

Ric Flair is based primarily off of the ladder bump he took off the top to the outside through a table in his match with Edge.

As for Flair, I don't think he deserves an over of 98. He would have if this were like... 1997, but he hasn't really been that "over". He's known around the world, but if you tried putting a world title on him in this day and age, people would laugh and call it ridiculously stupid, and for good reason. That's one thing about over - a wrestler can be popular worldwide, but his role or attributes not fit a title run.

Overness =/= credibility. Plenty of older guys have higher overness because they are well known, not because they are "credible". If overness = credibility, you'd have to lower Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan, and Mr. McMahon's overness (none of which should happen). Ric Flair is world-renowned one of the best of all time, definitely more well known than the guys main eventing today.

The stats changes for JBL seem extremely unnecessary. The guy doesn't wrestle anymore, and it seems silly to want to boost his stats when I doubt he's going to be better NOW after he's been semi-retired for quite a while than compared to when he was world champion. He never deserved 94 in charisma, even in his prime, and certainly not selling of 79.

He was always a terrific brawler, he showcases that every time he steps into the ring (even his recent outings). In my book he's one of the top promo guys of this generation and deserves at the least in the mid 90s. His selling was also always very underrated, if it were up to me I'd put it at 81.

Also, I would leave Percy Watson as is. The dude oozes charisma.

Raquel Diaz didn't appeared on NXT in any of the first three shows... To the best of my knowledge:

Caylee Turner and Summer Rae served as Ring Announcers, while Paige (Britani Knight) had a match on the 3rd show against Sofia Cortez (Ivelisse from Tough Enough).

On a side note, I'm seriously considering redoing the Brand Split... Currently, we have RAW, SmackDown and NXT. I'm leaning towards doing a brand split with "Main Roster" being the first "brand," while "NXT" would be the second brand. The reasongin behind it is the simple fact that it seems as if any wrestler on the Main Roster can pop up on RAW or Smackdown at anytime now... Hell, half of the wrestlers in what is usually the "SmackDown Money In the Bank" are "RAW" wrestlers...

Thoughts?

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996

Guest Team 720

Like I said, I'm holding off on adjusting ANY stats of ANY sort until July 20th. That gives everyone who wants to participate adequate time to suggest a "universal overhaul" as was suggested last month: http://www.ewbattleg...dpost&p=2651746

Until the 20th, all's I'm focusing on is non stats related stuff, such as adding tag teams, name changes, etc... I'll likley be working on more "housecleaning" too... But, if you have the July update, you know exactly where everyones' stats currently sit, so the best time to debate them and work on adjusting them on an overall basis is now.

Long story short, I can only go off of what everyone gives me... If there is a disagreement along the way, I usually end up putting the final number in the middle of the two suggested. But, if only a couple people are voicing their opinions, chances are, the game data is going to skew towards their opinions.

The best way, IMO, to "balance everything out" is to get more people voicing their opinion... But, you can't force people to participate.

-Bill

The problem with indy guys and guys from Japan or Mexico are that not as many guys see them. Like with Alex Reynolds and John Silver for example, they are entirely bloated for guys with low overness. I am not saying they aren't solid guys (high 40's through mid 60's), far from it. but 53 67, 53 for Silver and 49, 69, 49 for Reynolds. they don't seem right. Come to think of it, a LOT of the northeast indy guys fall in this.

Guys who I have not seen but feel are entirely overrated:

Adam Cole

Alex Reynolds

Brad Allen

Caleb Konley

Dustin Rayz

Gran Akuma

John Silver

Kyle Matthews

Latin Dragon

Niles Young

RV1

Ryan Slater

Sugar Dunkerton

Guys I have seen but over-rated:

Anthony Nese: lower brawl to 62, lower speed to 71 and lower technical to 64.

Bobby Fish: lower speed to 48.

BxB Hulk: lower brawl to 63, speed to 78 and technical to 59 he is pretty sloppy at times.

Chuck Taylor: lower speed to 72.

Dave Crist: lower speed to 74.

El Generico: lower brawl to 58 and technical to 70.

Jake Crist: lower speed to 78

Johnny Gargano: lower brawl to 64.

Pelle Primeau: lower speed to 72.

Vin Gerard: lower brawl to 55 and lower speed to 65.

UltraMantis Black: lower brawl to 56.

Other notes:

Add Anthony Nese to DGUSA as a heel.

Add a tag team for Cheech and Mike Cruz at 2 exp.

Add Cheech to DGUSA.

Remove Gamma and Stalker Ichikawa from DGUSA. While they are on the rost they have been inactive this entire year and not due to injury.

Edit:

Also, I would leave Percy Watson as is. The dude oozes charisma.

Percy is not, "OH YEAH!" The guy is on the same level as Slater when it comes to being charismatic. He only has his "Oh Yeah!" If he is able to do another quote and be convincing, then I'll reconsider but for now he don't deserve it.

Raquel Diaz didn't appeared on NXT in any of the first three shows... To the best of my knowledge:

Caylee Turner and Summer Rae served as Ring Announcers, while Paige (Britani Knight) had a match on the 3rd show against Sofia Cortez (Ivelisse from Tough Enough).

On a side note, I'm seriously considering redoing the Brand Split... Currently, we have RAW, SmackDown and NXT. I'm leaning towards doing a brand split with "Main Roster" being the first "brand," while "NXT" would be the second brand. The reasongin behind it is the simple fact that it seems as if any wrestler on the Main Roster can pop up on RAW or Smackdown at anytime now... Hell, half of the wrestlers in what is usually the "SmackDown Money In the Bank" are "RAW" wrestlers...

Thoughts?

-Bill

Raquel will have a match soon on NXT (in the next 3/4 weeks) but she is also getting over on other FCW programming.

I agree with the brand split. For Raw/SmackDown it is not a hard spilit anymore which is why you have not had a draft show. NXT though seems like developmental now more so than an actual main brand.

Edited by Team 720