Football Manager 2013

Lineker

Just finished my second season in my Reading game. Ended up 6th, not a bad way to follow up on 5th the previous season. Was challenging for a Champions League spot until around March but a poor run of defeats cost us. Made the Quarter Finals of the Europa League too, where we were knocked out by Wolfsburg. All in all, pretty good season - hopefully we can challenge the top four next season with some new signings.

Already got Eduardo, Christian Benitez and Jordy Classie coming on free transfers, and the club's finances are excellent so hoping for a decent transfer budget as well. Might look to move on after next season if I can't push the top four any harder.

In other news, England failed to make the 2014 World Cup. Hodgson out, Brendan Rodgers in. My application was laughed at :(

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

I'm going to start a new game where the DoF handles everything.

Who should I start as? Any team in the world at any level, but they have to be big enough to actually allow me to hire a DoF.

• Admin

I'm going to start a new game where the DoF handles everything.

Who should I start as? Any team in the world at any level, but they have to be big enough to actually allow me to hire a DoF.

None of the above, update the Pentagon.
  • Like 1

Playing as York City in league 2. Do I take the risk and sign 33 year old John Carew on a free (taking up most of my wage budget) or do I play safe and go for a 23 year old from Kilmarnock's reserves? Decisions decisions...

Signed Rory Boulding after. Scored on his debut against Fleetwood too. Finished 11th last season (was 8th until the final day). Probably won't do as well this year, second season syndrome and all...

Been a busy pre-season for my Reading side. The board gave me £13m to spend, most of which went into the wage budget.

Managed to bring in;

Timo Gebhart (Nurnberg, £1.5m)

Jordy Clasie (Feyenoord, Free)

Christian Benitez (America MEX, Free)

Eduardo (Porto, Free)

Ivica Olic (Wolfsburg, Free)

Guillermo Ochoa (Ajaccio, Free)

Steven Defour (Porto, Loan)

Jaume Costa (Free)

Fabio (Man Utd, £1.6m)

With the fringe players I let go, I've spent a net £400k this summer and massively improved my squad. Only bad news is that the minimum requirement from the board is Europa League qualification, and my opening 2 games of the season? Arsenal away and reigning champions Chelsea at home :/

In other news, David Moyes left Arsenal to join Sporting Lisbon. Arsenal then offered me the job with a £30m transfer kitty - I turned it down (tempted though I was). Hilariously though, that transfer budget is now in the hands of new Arsenal manager Tony Pulis. His first order of business was to pluck Andy Carroll from Liverpool's Reserves....

Oh, and Germany won the World Cup.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

Into my 3rd season with Liverpool now.

So after the 1st season in which I finished 6th but won the Europa league, I dramatically improved compared to last year by winning the FA cup and League cup as well as finishing 4th only a few points behind Arsenal who won the league. However......fuckin Man.City decided to finish 6th and win the Champions League meaning I've been demoted back to the Europa League :(

My squad is starting to take shape as well as I've stuck to signing people under the age of 24 and selling the older players/dead weight in the squad.

1st season:
Signed: Toby Alderweireld and Will Hughes

2nd season:
Signed: Sergio Canales, Antoine Griezmann, Ezequiel Munoz, Rafinha, Abel Hernandez, James McCarthy, David Ospina on a free and Andre Ayew in January
Sold: Jay Spearing, Andy Carroll, Dani Pacheco, Martin Skrtel, Oussama Assaidi, Brad Jones and Peter Gulacsi

so far this season:
Signed: Gaston Ramirez, Erik Lamela and Sebastien Corchia

Sold: Fabio Borini for 32mil. Joe Allen, Daniel Sturridge and Jonjo Shelvey are all set to leave, possibly Henderson.

I had a net spend of 40mil last season which is quite a lot but I've been trying to build young and very technical team as well as having a suitable enough squad that I can rotate as injuries in the first season had a huge impact as youngsters who are never gonna be good enough in the Prem had to play games because my squad was so thin. I'm aiming to win the league this year, first season the goal was to get into the top 6 then last season was to get back into the Champions League and challenge for the title so hopefully this season I can finally win the Prem.

6-1 agg. victory over Maccabi Tel Aviv books Bohemians a place in the Champions League group stages.

Our group contains: Man United, Inter and At. Madrid.

That's not gonna end well.

At. Madrid 6-0 Bohemians

Inter 1-0 Bohemians

Man Utd 2-1 Bohemians (we actually took the lead after 2 mins, but conceded just before half time and then gave a penalty away)

Wolves have sacked "Jamie Oliver".

Lots of weird random managerial appointments of non-extant coaches going on in this game.

Cor, strange season with Derby. Spent most of the year in the top six on the championship, only to fall to 9th with 7 games to go. Went on a great streak, and was top with one game left - a draw would get automatic promotion, a win would win us the league. So obviously, we lost and finish 3rd.

In this time, I'd beaten Man United 4-2 in the FA Cup, so had a FA Cup Final booked against City, which we lost 2-1. Which I thought was pretty good considering they put out a full strength team.

But anyway, managed to get promoted through the play-offs and now need to prepare for Premiership life with a modest budget of £10 mil, with 300K on wages. Macheda, who scored 39 goals for my in all competitions on loan from United won't move to me for free because I refuse to quadruple his wages to 50K a week. So yeah, really need to find myself a striker cos Connor Sammon only pips in with goals every now and again. Also losing Craig Bryson on a free to Rangers because I couldn't afford to double his wages when he wanted a new contract.

That sucked. Got Macheda to agree to a 25k contact, and then Fulham came in in the 11th hour and signed him up. Was offered two jobs; the Fulham job and the Huddesfield job. Fulham had finished 9th in the previous season, but their squad was ageing. And the other team had just been promoted and were offering an 18mil transfer budget, but I wanted to stay with Derby. I've agreed a 6mil fee for Jordan Rhodes as I'm desperate for a striker, but my only other two signings so far are Danny Rose and Romeulu who spent last season on loan who I got on frees. Oh, and a 32 year old Jermain Defoe on a free as well.