Football Manager 2013

Lineker

Being Dutch, I'd tell you.. but I've no fecking idea how the playoff system works these days..

Larz, it's all yours!

Beat Rosenborg on away goals to get into the group stages. And the group isn't as horrendous as last years. AC Milian, CSKA Moscow and someone else.

Also beat QPR to Jordan Rhodes. He'll be on silly money but I've barely dented my budget.

Utterly heartbreaking 3-2 loss to CSKA Moscow. We went behind, took a 2-1 lead in the second half and then conceded 2 goals in the last 2 mins (one from about 40 yards).

I could cry.

Next visitors to Dalymount Park in the Champions League are AC Milan. They're topping our group. Not sure we'll get a result but we held Inter to a 0-0 draw at home last season.

EDIT: Lost 1-0 but Feynoord won against CSKA Moscow so at the moment because we have a superior goal difference we're second in the group at the halfway stage.

This group is bonkers.

Been wanting to do something similar by giving a blue square team an oil baron for an owner. Is there any way, in the editor, to ensure that they continue to have money a few seasons in? Starting funds are limited depending on a club's reputation, which I don't want to boost too much as I don't want Premiership players playing in the Blue Square.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

Get your tactics right, sign players to suit the type of formation you want to play. Buy the best players available and hire the best coaches and scouts you can find.

EDIT: Damn, 1-1 at half time at the San Siro vs. AC Milan. Lost 4-1 because my defense shit themselves. Darren O'Dea can not handle these big away games.

Weird way the group is going we're now bottom, then CSKA because of our head to head record, and then Feynoord because CSKA lost to them. CSKA are our last home game of the group stage, get something from that and we're still in with a shout.

What's the best way to destroy a club?

I took over Man Utd and got rid of almost everyone, handed out a load of long term deals for 500k that rise 50% each year (some guys are on almost 3 million a week now) to league two players and they got relegated, but they've been promoted again :/