NHL '13 GM Connected (X360)

Cactus Drags

Ok Hockey can fucking burn in hell. This is way too hard.

This game does that to you. When things go bad, EVERYTHING goes bad. I couldn't shoot, pass, or hit in the first period of the game, plus Troy Brouwer's knee exploded.

Yes but I lost 10-1. To a team from what I gather is not very good.

Ouch. I think the league is set to All-Pro difficulty overall. What do you play on normally, pro?

Ok Hockey can fucking burn in hell. This is way too hard.

This game does that to you. When things go bad, EVERYTHING goes bad. I couldn't shoot, pass, or hit in the first period of the game, plus Troy Brouwer's knee exploded.

Yes but I lost 10-1. To a team from what I gather is not very good.

Ouch. I think the league is set to All-Pro difficulty overall. What do you play on normally, pro?

Pro usually. I have a lot of trouble with that. No wonder I sucked so bad in this one.

Is there a way to set my games to be played by the AI or myself?

Or as GM, does it automatically assume I won't be playing the games?

Also, I think that all trades should be approved by the commissioner based on merit. If the commish doesn't see the reasoning for both sides, he should talk to them to see if they can justify the deal. If not, then it gets veto'd.

There will be some moves requested that may not make sense at a glance, but depth, salary cap and league standings are all factors that determine needs, and sometimes they aren't super visible to everyone.

Edited by Gabriel

Troy Brouwer is going to miss 21 games with a sprained ankle. Fuck.

I have ApSham and Ruki to face. I'll be checking in here all night, so if either of you are free to play tonight just post in this thread and I'll find you online.

Edited by Toe

..oh. GODDDDD.

That killed me. That murdered me. I wasn't playing as bad as I thought I would, but I think it was only period 2 that I realized that the shot aiming was manual and there was no way to change that, which is only fair I suppose. And then the huge number of shots that looked like they were going in only to be caught but dropped, and I have no one rushing to catch the rebound. Oh myyyy.

But that wasn't terribly bad.. could've done far worse than 0-3.

So, it looks like Ap Sham is a pretty good player. We just played a good defensive contest. I seemed to get all the good bounces though, and scored two hideous goals. My first one from Ovie was a good wrister, but Ovie's second was terrible. Just bad luck.

Next time, I am probably going to get crushed!

Don't let him tell you that I'm half decent - I think this is the first time that I've kept an NHL title for longer than a week in years. :P

I for sure have problems keeping the puck out of my zone/in the opponents. Probably start working on that.

EDIT:

Either way, Ruki.. whenever you wanna.. we can play tonight.

Don't let him tell you that I'm half decent - I think this is the first time that I've kept an NHL title for longer than a week in years. :P

I for sure have problems keeping the puck out of my zone/in the opponents. Probably start working on that.

EDIT:

Either way, Ruki.. whenever you wanna.. we can play tonight.

That was the first game I've played this season that Neuvirth has looked good. If you can look up my stats, you'll see that.

The difference between you and me in that game was that my pokechecks ALWAYS worked for some reason. I don't know how, but it allowed me to keep possession. You actually played really well, and there were a few moments in the first two periods where you just barely missed scoring. I even put my controller down because I thought it was in, then hurried to pick it up when I realized that my defender had scooped it off the line!

So I have 6 goals now with Ovie in 4 games. Gunning for the Rocket!

I noticed that you were doing amazing with the poke checking and I was starting to wonder if I was doing it wrong, but in the third I had a really hardcore rush that I felt good about. I didn't even want to win at that point, just prove myself with a goal - but eh, wasn't to be that game I suppose. Going to play a CPU game versus Ottawa and check out what this AI difficulty is like.

I will be home in 2-3 hours maybe.

I'm here all night and I don't think I am doing anything tomorrow either, so we can probably find a time to play soon. I look forward to smashing Phil Kessel into little pieces.

PS Want Roman Hamrlik?