So what are you watching this season?

GoGo Yubari

The fall TV season is here! And as always, here's the thread where we talk about what we're looking forward to this year.

Sunday

Just like any other year, Sunday for me is premium cable night. Right now it's just Boardwalk Empire and Treme, once we hit mid-October then The Walking Dead will be added to the schedule. Also, Homeland, but not sure in what capacity I'll be watching it yet.

Monday

Wrestling. I'm also giving Revolution a window of time to get better, mostly because I got bored with Fringe quick and now it's supposedly great and it'll be a while before I catch up.

Tuesday

Giving Ben and Kate and The Mindy Project shots as hope for the future of network TV sitcoms, and hoping that Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23 stays good. I can't remember if Key and Peele is coming back on Tuesdays because that's where it was for season 1, but if it is I'm watching that too.

Wednesday

Survivor. Genuinely can't think of anything else on Wednesdays that I'm watching. Is Arrow going to be on on Wednesdays? I've already forgotten and I'm considering trying that.

Thursday

Up All Night squandering its goodwill means my 8pm hour is totally free and I think I'm using that on Last Resort. 9pm is sitting through The Office and then enjoying Parks and Rec. I'm also DVRing Glee at that time to hatewatch at a later hour.

Friday

Community's coming back eventually! Yay! Nothing else.

And then Saturday maybe SNL if I'm at home then and it reviews well.

I'm sure there are other shows I'm sort of interested in giving a shot, but that's still a pretty decent summary. What about you, Rest of EWB?

Sunday

Boardwalk Empire and Treme, absolutely. More people need to check Treme out, especially.

Monday

Wrasslin'. I also try to DVR and keep up with Anthony Bourdain, especially as this is the final season of No Reservations. Then he goes to CNN, for some reason.

Tuesday

I don't really have TV plans for Tuesdays at all. I might try Ben and Kate and The Mindy Project, because - as GoGo indicated - broadcast network sitcoms are a dying art, and it would be nice to have someone in the wings once Community and Parks and Rec are gone.

Wednesday

Top Chef Masters is about to end for the season. Looks like they're doing a non-competition, follow-up show with some past chefs after that. Doubt I'll watch it, as I'm more interested in the food than the personalities. I'll probably watch Modern Family when I can. Somewhat begrudgingly though, as I hate that it gets so much more attention than better comedies (Louie, Parks and Rec, Community.)

Thursday

"Sitting through The Office" sounds about right, and obviously I'll be all over Parks and Rec. 30 Rock too, whenever that's back.

Friday

Community and Community alone. Wait, Smackdown I suppose. I tend to DVR that and watch it over the weekend, and with less focus than Raw.

Saturday

Nothing. Not even SNL.

As always, The Daily Show and The Colbert Report will be watched whenever possible, as well.

Then he goes to CNN, for some reason.

The reason I read was that CNN's international clout means he can do episodes in places that he couldn't do for No Reservations.

Then he goes to CNN, for some reason.

The reason I read was that CNN's international clout means he can do episodes in places that he couldn't do for No Reservations.

That makes sense.

I wasn't really all that puzzled by the move. His stuff has included more and more cultural and socio-political material over time, and to head for an outlet where letting that take center stage is encouraged makes sense. However, it does seem to go along with a general CNN trend of "more style, less news", but as examples of that go this is definitely a best case scenario. I'm just hoping he's allowed to do his own thing.

Sunday

Tuning it to ABC and not changing, though I will record Iron Chef America and any competition show that Food Network makes up to replace the Great Food Truck Race once that ends

Monday

RAW, obviously, but recording How I Met Your Mother

Tuesday

NCIS, might tune in to Don't Trust the B---- if I get bored

Wednesday

That Green Arrow show on CW that may or may not be related to Smallville looks interesting. Oh, and Nashville. Already seen the pilot, definitely wanna' give it a chance. New show night, in other words.

Thursday

DVR night here - Impact Wrestling, Big Bang Theory, Glee, Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, and Elementary

Friday

SmackDown, Disney Channel and Nickelodeon shows. Probably won't actually watch anything as it's broadcast, actually

Saturday

Star Trek: TNG reruns. Probably.

Sunday

Revenge - Started out slow, but got pretty awesome towards the end. Looking forward to season two when it starts.

Once Upon A Time - First season was great. Second season should prove to be even better now that everybody is about to remember everything and that magic is back.

666 Park Avenue - It's on after everything else and it looks interesting. Figured it was worth giving it a shot.

Walking Dead as well it starts back up.

Monday

I've been watching RAW and The Voice at the same for a while now. Watching TV on Mondays is work. How I Met Your Mother starts up again tonight and I cannot wait. I just finished rewatching the entire series today so I'm super ready. I really liked Revolution so I'll be sticking to that for the rest of the season as well. Yeah, I'll be using Hulu and other ways to keep up with those two though.

Tuesday

Tuesday is going to be busy. I've got Don't Trust The Bitch in Apartment 23 when that starts up again. Sarah Chalke has a new show starting up in January called How To Live With Your Parents For The Rest of Your Life that looks interesting so I was gonna give that a go. Pretty much the whole Fox block (Raising Hope, New Girl, Ben and Kate, The Mindy Project) along with The Voice and Go On over on NBC. Once again, Hulu will prove to be my friend.

Wednesday

A break finally as Arrow doesn't start until October and I'll be giving Guys with Kids a try in the mean time as well. I still need to watch the pilot now that I think about it.

Thursday

Big Bang Theory of course. I'll also be watching Glee and I've decided to watch Elementary too. That looks awesome. And if I have time, I'll be switching back and forth to iMPACT as well. Although I suppose I could just do what I do on Mondays with RAW.

Friday

If I'm home I'll be watching Whitney. That's about it on Fridays for now.

I've got nothing on Saturday except cartoons (I know the new season of Star Wars: Clone Wars starts this Saturday) but I'm not usually home on Saturdays so that's probably for the best. I'm sure I'll end picking up some more stuff along the way that I haven't thought of.

Sunday:

Once upon a time, The Walking Dead, The Simpsons, Copper, Boardwalk Empire, Hell on Wheels

Monday:

Raw, The Voice, Revolution

Tuesday:

Sons of Anarchy, Vegas

Wednesday:

Might try Arrow. Cant think of any others

Thursday:

Last Resort and Impact. Also probably 30 Rock Oh and Elementary

Friday:

FRINGE!! Smackdown on DVR

Saturday:

SNL, Saturday Morning Slam

Also Archer (dont remember when its on) and a bunch of others which I cant think of right now and I might add later.

Sunday: Hell on Wheels, though I"m behind every episode this season and haven't had time to catch up.

Monday: Wrasslin, Pawn Stars when its shown.

Tuesday: NCIS. Yea, I know its a procedural and predictable show, but I do enjoy it. I don't know if I can say why. Sons of Anarchy One of the best shows on TV

Wednesday: Criminal Minds Again, its procedural, but I enjoy it. Just a dumb TV show I can come home after a stressful day at work and enjoy. South Park Really hoping it recovers after a fairly weak season last year

Thursday: Person of Interest Watched it since it came on last season and I lvoe the show. The action scenes are pretty well done for a network TV show. American Horror Story My DVR is recording the repeats of last season on Thursdays, so I guess it'll be a Thursday show. The show had me hooked from the beginning. I really like the idea of the show not having a season to season plot and instead starting new each season. THis season in the asylum looks great.

Fridays: Smackdown my friday night habit, though unless the spoilers look interesting, I just delete it. Community I'm dedicated to the show. Fringe Loved the show since it came on, really looking forward to see how the series ends. Haven Love me some Stephen King. Loved the Colorado Kid short story that the show is based off, but has nothing to do with. Emily Rose being the lead helps also...

Unknown

Archer

Cult

Misfits

Crossbones

The Following

Hannibal

The Hour

Sunday

Boardwalk Empire

Treme

Homeland

Dexter

666 Park Avenue

Once Upon a Time

Bob's Burgers

The Walking Dead

Leverage when it comes back again.

Monday

How I Met Your Mother

Revolution

Tuesday

New Girl

The Mindy Project

Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23

Wednesday

Modern Family

South Park

Supernatural

Arrow

American Horror Story

Thursday

Louie

Parks and Recreation

The Big Bang Theory

Person of Interest

Elementary

The League

If I'm caught up in time: Red Dwarf

Friday

Gravity Falls

Community

Saturday

Doctor Who

Californication

Justified

Sherlock if it airs.

Edited by fr34k

I have no idea when they are on, but I'll be watching:

Community, Modern Family, Boardwalk Empire, Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23, Revolution, Go On, Spartacus, Game Of Thrones.

Basically I have no idea when any of these are premiering, but I have reminders set to all of the premier episode dates.

Sunday: The Simpsons and Family Guy as much as possible. Neither is at the height of their greatness, but its part of my Sunday night routine when they're on. SOUSA SAYS: "could not care less" about the Cleveland Show, Bob's Burgers or American Dad (though I can tolerate American Dad sometimes if I see it in reruns)

Monday: How I Met Your Mother and Raw

Thursday: Beavis & Butt-head if they return anytime soon. Probably check out Big Bang Theory more often now that its not up directly against Community

Friday: Community obviously, Smackdown if it looks worthwhile.

Also watch Conan every Monday-Thursday.

Don't really watch much of anything Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday on a regular basis, though if I see something and get into it, that might change.

If I'm home I'll be watching Whitney. That's about it on Fridays for now.

We can't be friends anymore.

I really enjoy the chemistry between the characters. The plots are half decent at the best of times but the dynamics (especially between Whitney and boyfriend, whose name I forget at the moment) are fantastic.

Let me see. As a rule I like to give shows a good two-season head start before I start watching them, so I probably won't check out too many of the new shows unless they turn out to be immense (much like Homeland last year).

But I'll be watching Community, It's Always Sunny, Archer, The Office, Modern Family, Homeland and the second half of Breaking Bad for sure. Have to catch up with Louie and want to check out Parks and Recreation finally too. Might look at The Mindy Project if that turns out to be decent. Depending how bored I am, I might get up to date with Californication - I think I'm a good three seasons behind though.

Oh, and from the brief glimpses I've seen on the UK version of Comedy Central (which I don't think shares much apart from the name, they show stuff like Two and a Half Men, Friends, Scrubs, Charlie Sheen's new show...), Whitney is fucking terrible.