EWB's Top 100 Artists of 2012

gunnar hendershow

Never cared much for Nine Inch Nails nor White Stripes. I really like Rage Against The Machine though, even if I haven't listened to their stuff in years. And I must confess that even though I like the Beastie Boys, I have only ever heard their debut punk EP, the hits and then Hot Sauce Committee Part 2.

I never massively got into Rage. I have all of their albums, though, for one reason or another. It probably says a lot that I think the covers album is the best. They did some good stuff, but also a lot of first year politics student ranting and teenage angst.

Okay I've disagreed with some of the stuff you've said but this is pretty much confirmation that you're fucking insane. That was their worst album by far. I can't remember a single cover of theirs I liked.

Well, like I said, I don't particularly like the band, so I don't think it's that surprising that I prefer the album where they sound least like themselves. I like their version of "Renegades Of Funk", "Beautiful World" and "Ghost Of Tom Joad", and some of the rest of it - aside from awful versions of "Kick Out The Jams", "Microphone Fiend" and "Street Fighting Man" - is passable. That's more individual tracks than I can even name on any of the other albums.

Microphone Fiend? How I Could Just Kill a Man?

For years I disliked NIN, but a few of their songs I do like/I've mellowed on them. The Hand That Feeds is a beast of a track.

I'm not a White Stripes fan, I've not really heard much of them beyond Seven Nation Army and Blue Orchid and don't particularly want to either.

I used to like RATM, I loved that they became Xmas number one, then Killing In The Name got annoying, then they 'came back' off the back of that became dickheads. But they are a great band to dance to, though I'd prefer it if something other than Killing In The Name was played now.

Beastie Boys are another fun band to dance to when we're out. I don't really know much beyond their hits, but I think my favourite of theirs is So What'cha Want.

Well, like I said, I don't particularly like the band, so I don't think it's that surprising that I prefer the album where they sound least like themselves. I like their version of "Renegades Of Funk", "Beautiful World" and "Ghost Of Tom Joad", and some of the rest of it - aside from awful versions of "Kick Out The Jams", "Microphone Fiend" and "Street Fighting Man" - is passable. That's more individual tracks than I can even name on any of the other albums.

Man, I forgot about their version of Street Fighting Man. That was turrrrrible. Their Ghost of Tom Joad's okay, but hardly the best version.

Three of my votes in one.

Soundgarden: YAY!

Lucksmiths: who?

I could not tell you the difference between Jack White and White Stripes.

Childish Gambino is easily my favourite rapper, though I've not listened in a while now. He was about 5 on my list.

I know Paramore songs when they come on on nights out, but that's it. To me they're the Hayley Williams Project and don't sound any different to any of the other female-fronted pop-punk bands.

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCE!

Also, man. I love Donald Glover as an actor and comedian but Childish Gambino just doesn't work for me at all. I don't know what it is. Maybe I just can't separate it as being two different things.

I will admit I recounted twice to make sure I hadn't double counted a Paramore vote or something.

I really didn't want it to be true.

And for the record, I really like Gambino, but Top 30? No fucking way. He wouldn't even make my rap Top 10.

One person had him very high, 3 others did not, but because of the multiplier he climbed this high.

One person had him very high, 3 others did not, but because of the multiplier he climbed this high.

A good reason for why I don't use the multiplier!

And yeah, I'm not saying Donald Glover's a bad rapper, just an incredibly overrated one. He's fine but I've never actively enjoyed his stuff.

I put Paramore 2nd, which I assume will hurt my chances of ever staking out any sort of long life span on these boards. Ah well. Fuck it though, I stand by it and will fight you all et cetera.

I actually just went to a Springsteen concert two weekends ago, and if I'd've voted after that I probably would've put him much higher on my list, because Jesus H. Christ that man puts on a hell of a show.

Also, I'm going to be that guy: that's an outdated picture of Paramore. The Farros are no longer in the band and there's only three people now ok I can show myself the door.

• Like 1

Also, I'm going to be that guy: that's an outdated picture of Paramore. The Farros are no longer in the band and there's only three people now ok I can show myself the door.

• Like 11

Nine Inch Nails - I like 'Hurt' (I prefer Cash's version anyway) and 'Piggy'.

White Stripes - They're fun, I listened to some of their albums. Needs bass. mad.gif

Rage Against The Machine - I really like them. I have two or three albums, and they're really fun to play, you can also dance with some songs.

Beastie Boys - SABOTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

Soundgarden - Chris Cornell is awesome. I like their last singles.

The Lucksmiths - Never heard of them.

Jack White - I like ''Freedom at 21''.

Childish Gambino - Never heard of him.

Paramore - Garbage, typical insecure 13-year-old girl kind of band.

Bruce Springsteen - I don't listen to him that much often.

Edited by RafaelFms