One Season Wonders

Benji

Echo Terriers. Donal Logue just can't catch a break lately when it comes to starring, can he? I mean, he had Grounded For Life, and that's.. about it. Terriers got a season, Knights of Prosperity only got a season..

Studio 60, for sure. I used to stay up and watch that at 4am on C4 when I had college in the mornings, purely because it was so good.

Nathan Barley was great. If it had gone for a lot of seasons, it would've gotten dry. I think it's worth another season now, with all the tech geeks and hipsters that are so abundant and ripe for the mocking these days.

Dark Place for sure. That could've gone two more and been incredible. Such a great cast, and brilliant premise.

Dark Place for sure. That could've gone two more and been incredible. Such a great cast, and brilliant premise.

Really couldn't have. It's a brilliant premise but it's also a kind of one-shot joke. I don't think you can shoot a show like that and have the cast give those kinds of performances for too long. One season was pretty much perfect.

Eli Stone got a second season. It was just ended in the US during the Winter hiatus in favor of a piece of shit show that didn't get renewed, and got worse ratings than Eli Stone did.

Either way, I may have mentioned this, but because they couldn't do a third season of Sonny With A Chance, Disney Channel just turned the show within the show in to an actual show, So Random!. I wish it had gone for a second season, because it was really a good show, even if comparisons to All That, but with more actors, and more like an SNL-Light, were a little heavy.

Spider-Man Unlimited was an interesting take on Spidey, but I imagine the alternate universe may have been a turn off to a lot of people, especially kids.

Echoing the Flash Forward thing, as it really made it seem like, if the show had continued, we were going to get stories that could go for multiple seasons before reaching the next flash. I hated the non-resolution because ABC cancelled it after the final episode was in the can.

I also liked the recent Sitcom with Olivia Munn. Can't think of the name right now. It didnt even get a full season.

Perfect Couples. Which I get why people may have been turned off from it in that it was probably the second worst show in NBC's lineup (of Community, 30 Rock, P&R, The Office, and Outsourced), but was totally a fun barrier between the shows I really liked in that lineup.

Other than Firefly, Studio 60 would definitely be at the top of my list because that was just a fucking fun show. Haven't got through all of Freaks and Geeks yet, but I feel I'd echo that too. Also on the Flash Forward bandwaggon, me & my dad really dug that show and it really, really picked up towards the end and it was really great TV.

Can you include shows that I only had one good season? Cos that's also an interesting idea.