Chelsea Manager Sackings Thread

stokeriño

Poor RDM, I actually didn't mind him. Very harsh the sacking but its Chelsea so what do you expect, its obvious that they want Pep but what if he doesn't want to come? Who's the backup plan?

He was favourite for a while and even had betting suspended by someone back before AVB got the job. Means nothing.

Chelsea Supporters Group Chair Trizia Fiorellina tells BBC Sport: "(Rafael) Benitez will just not be accepted by Chelsea supporters, neither will Avram Grant or Harry Redknapp.

"I simply don't think Benitez is a good manager. He's been out of work for two years now, if he was any good why hasn't any club snapped him up?"

Or in other words, there's no obvious avenue of escape from this one.

I thought they would have kept him in for the City game and fired him after that but it's no big shock he's been fired, which says a lot in itself. It was obvious in the summer that Abramovich was reluctant to hire Di Matteo from the amount of time he took over the decision. Fully expect Falcao to join Chelsea in January, the new manager oversees a sudden upturn in form to get Chelsea a third place finish and a good Europa Cup run, then a poor start to next season and they'll be back to square one.

Not a surprise, he was supposed to be a stop gap and managed to luck out with the biggest trophy in club football. Once he'd done that they couldn't really let him go without an even bigger fan backlash than they're getting now. It probably would've been similar with Avram Grant had that penalty gone in. Don't think he was doing a bad job and they still would've got out of the Champions League group but when you've got a club in the hands of someone with a twitchy trigger finger asking for trouble. At least he'll be able to find another job fairly soon you'd think.

Rafa Benitez not a good manager! :lol:

Funny I thought of the new young manager brigade in the Premier League this season RDM would not be the first to go. He could've made them World Champions!

No club has snapped Rafa up because he only wants to go to one of the top teams or come back to us. To say he's not a good manager is a joke, I think he'd be a good choice but it'll never happen because he is such an unpopular choice.

Just make it official!

I honestly don't see Benitez fitting at Chelsea because the fans don't like him and he tends to not like meddling owners.