Chelsea Manager Sackings Thread

stokeriño

No Chelsea manager constructs the team. :shifty: If they're lucky they'll get to suggest a target...which the club likely won't buy anyway.

Or better still, some long-term target will arrive just after they join and they get to take credit for it without doing a thing.

I had thought of Rafa having a second turn at dropping in on the CWC before SAF mentioned it. I'm amused really, but not bothered. I'm sure every Chelsea fan would consider a CWC win as something that "the team" (or some vague entity that embodies their fandom) won the trophy, rather than whoever the manager happened to be.

Although given how we surrendered both the Community Shield and Super Cup this season, I'm not necessarily all that confident we'll come out of this Japanese adventure victorious.

Who gives a fuck about the Club World Championship anyway?

Clutching at straws, Fergie.

Brazilian South American clubs see the Club World Championship as the most important tournament ever.

Seriously?

It's just seen as a burden here.

You have to see our point of view. We don't have the best leagues , but we sure do have good players, yet the european press constantly undervalues south american leagues such as the Argentinian and the Brazilian, so south american clubs see the World Championship as the moment to prove that we can go toe-to-toe with the best team in Europe.

Isn't it generally just our lot who have issue with it though? Fairly sure Barcelona usually go and have a fair go at it.

I like it, its a good competition, anyone who can't see the fun in declaring yourself 'BEST IN THE WORLD!' needs their head examining.

Yeah if it weren't in December just three days after a Premier League game (most of which time will be spent recovering from jet lag...), I would be able to appreciate it fully without the bit of resentment I otherwise feel. :shifty:

But hey - it'll be fun!