The January 2013 Transfer Window Thread

Lineker

DONE DEAL - Gazz from unattached to QPR.

Told you he was just handing out contracts, though this one looks like it's had all references to 'Peter Odemwingie' tipp-exed out and replaced with my name. Apparently, I now get free flights to and from Nigeria...

They'd pretty much signed him, he'd been at the club all day then at the last minute the Forest board cancelled it because his vision wasn't good enough.

Some funky translation for you now:

Arsenal tried until the end for Villa
According to information arriving from London, Arsenal tried until the last minute rush the signing of Spanish David Villa, coming to offer 18 million pounds, about 25 million Euros, but FC Barcelona refused to sell the player by expressed desire of Tito Vilanova.

However what is not horseshit is that Nottingham Forest, after putting him through a 10-hour medical, have pulled the plug on signing George Boyd from Peterborough because he was found not to have 20/20 vision in an eye test. What a total joke.

There's my post from earlier on it. The alleged 'Fit & Proper Person Test' needs scrapping and replacing immediately. Idiotic owners can't just keep being allowed to buy top football clubs and proceeding to ruin them.

It's quite laughable and a little upsetting in a way that the views/points on Lambert and the policy/remit he insisted on incorporating at Villa has completely lowered the standards from fans now. We were thankful to get ANYBODY in but when you say in a press conference "I'm not ruling out Lescott" and instead you get a former French amateur player and a 25 year old attacking midfielder yet you don't even make moves for an experience centre back, the time has come for him to go.

Historically, we are one of Englands top clubs. Lambert is not up to it and out of his depth. He is destroying us piece by piece along with piss poor management at the top.

David Beckham's salary at PSG will be going to a children's charity in Paris.

You can't not like the man. Legend.

Someone will find a way.

"Plenty of kids need help in England but he gives his cash to the smelly French? Typical prima donna. :/ "

My (Liverpool supporting) uncle just said pretty much that upon entering my house. Ugh.

The thing is that even if you take that as a negative, those kids that would otherwise accomplish nothing with their lives will be at Newcastle in a decade or so paying huge amounts of tax into the UK economy, and spending big money up North and helping to address the North-South divide. Beckhams a saint.

I miss Xisco.

Despite having played like a couple of hundred games for Peterborough.

He's played hundreds of games for POsh and before them Stevenage and at both teams he's been a real star of the show which makes it incredible he's still only at Peterborough. Especially with his fantastic crossing and finishing, can't imagine how good he'd be if he could actually see...

Just thinking how much better Jimmy Kebe's trolling would've been if he'd done an Odemwingie out of his car window talking to David Craig rather than over Twitter. Probably a long way to drive for the sake of a joke.

• Like 1

BBC Sport's Dan Roan reports: "Not quite Odemwingie, but I am told Danny Simpson's move to Wigan was all but done last night - he'd packed bags, travelled to the DW but then, at 22.45 Newcastle United upped their price, the deal collapsed, so he's had to return north, to sit out last 6 months of contract."

Best transfer window ever.