The January 2013 Transfer Window Thread

Lineker

Two rumours just saw on twitter:

Sturridge to Liverpool for 12 million.

Also, as its a silly one: Demba Ba/Carroll swap deal.

Funny and impossible since Carroll is on a season long loan :/

I think we actually have an option to take him back in January if we want.

Wow, West Ham got a really shit deal out of that :/

From the sounds of what I heard on The Anfield Wrap podcast yesterday they're paying him, he's been injured a bit and scored one goal. It's been a good deal for us. :shifty:

• Another striker. Bernardo is a mess of a human being, Eder Luis and Alecsandro are irregular, Tenorio always gets injured, Romário (no relation to the famous one) is too young and Pipico sucks.

Eder Luis is a striker? In Benfica he was always seen as a winger...laugh.gif

Thing is, Eder Luis was an awful winger here, but he never seemed like a striker either. He is small, never seemed very fast nor had great technique... Then I heard he was doing well back in Brazil so, to see now that he is playing as a striker is odd. Got curious, just that.

Now that's a good strategy.pervert.gif

For people talking about Moutinho... Yeh, I doubt Porto sells him mid-season. He is by far their best player right now and they would have a hard time getting someone right now for his spot, without losing their biggest weapon that is their very well built midfield trio.

I would bring back John Barnes or Steve McManaman most likely. Maybe Peter Beardsley or Kenny Dalglish.

As for who we need now, it depends if the budget can stretch to a striker and a winger/inside forward. If not we'll need to buy a player who can lead the line in Suarez's absence and create/score from out wide otherwise, because we're simply putting too much pressure on Sterling. Rumours of Huntelaar are nice but a) why would he ever come to us in his right mind and b) why would we want to take our best player out of his best position to facilitate him. Not sure who to recommend but a proven goalscorer from the wing would be nice. I hear we're interested in Dries Mertens and apparently he's pretty tidy, so he could be alright.

Edited by Pesci

I love web-based rumour sites. They are wonderful.

http://www.tocachat.com/discussion/fernando-torres-rumoured-to-be-going-to-psg

This beautiful little gem hands us deep insight into this "Toca Chat" place and their methods. Not only do they have an "HQ" (I am imagining a CIA-style hub of incessant activity), but they also get to "reckon" things about price tags.

I do get a strange sense of cheer from reading articles of this quality, for some reason.