The January 2013 Transfer Window Thread

Lineker

Just one? Gah. I need time to really debate but my first thoughts were McGrath, Yorkie, Cowans & Laursen.

Yeah, one. Otherwise I'd get silly and end up fielding a team like this:

De Goey

Ferrer - Leboeuf - Desailly - Le Saux

Petrescu - Wise - Di Matteo - Poyet

Flo - Zola

:shifty:

I'd like to see Liverpool grab a striker, obviously. However, the Huntelaar rumors don't make out for a good fit. I don't think he'll be one to put the work and hustle in, despite being the excellent goal scorer that he is. I still want to see Wilfried Bony come to the Prem, mind you... Pool also need coverage at the fullback spot, and a holding midfielder to help Lucas.

As a West Ham fan as well (stupid Americans~!), I would like help at the full back spot, especially left back, and another attack-minded midfielder, preferably a winger who can cross the ball.

IF, instead of any other incomings this January window, you could use magic/time-travel/secret cloning labs to insert one of your club's former players into your current squad, who would it be?

Schmeichel.

All day long. He'd soon sort our fucking defence out, failing that, he'd kill one of them.

Peter Beardsley, playing off Andy Cole 2k12, or Papiss Cisse to his friends. Just a bit of unselfish intelligence at the front end really.

Barring the timing with the loan deal, which side of the Carroll/Ba swap are people finding funny, because frankly I'd take it.

Also, as its a silly one: Demba Ba/Carroll swap deal.

I'm assuming, as per the clause in his contract, Demba Ba would then own 50% of Andy Caroll. :/

As an absolute minimum, we need another centre back, preferably two with the liability that is Mike Williamson sent back to where he belongs (Portsmouth), a right back (Debuchy will eventually force the transfer through) and a non African striker, preferably two. A nice addition would be some proper cover at left back (Anita is a midfielder and Ferguson is a winger) since Raylor is out for the season and we're definitely going to need a backup keeper eventually when it's discovered Steve Harper is not in fact immortal.

Going out, the papers will link our entire team to anyone they can think of / seen sign for on Football Manager, but no one will leave.

Peter Beardsley, playing off Andy Cole 2k12, or Papiss Cisse to his friends. Just a bit of unselfish intelligence at the front end really.

Barring the timing with the loan deal, which side of the Carroll/Ba swap are people finding funny, because frankly I'd take it.

Probably the 33 PL goals in the last 2 years vs 7 PL goals in the last 2 years side of it. <_<

Two rumours just saw on twitter:

Sturridge to Liverpool for 12 million.

Funny and impossible since Carroll is on a season long loan :/

I think we actually have an option to take him back in January if we want.

Probably the 33 PL goals in the last 2 years vs 7 PL goals in the last 2 years side of it. <_<

You can prove anything with facts. I'd still take it.

They have the right to recall him, I don't think that rumour is silly or even unrealistic. It'd arguably shaft West Ham but I could definitely see it happening.

I think we actually have an option to take him back in January if we want.

Wow, West Ham got a really shit deal out of that :/