We are the mods!

I'm going to keep this short and sweet.

TEW 2013 is out(ish) and that's pretty rad, we're all super stoked and we totally should be. Only problem is that anyone who rushes in and picks it up early will have to either play the excellent is alien Cornellverse or play a converted TEW 2010 scenario which would be totally awesome if you were playing TEW 2010. I've always found that playing converted mods leaves a lot of pitfalls because hey, they're made for a completely different game.

So I figure we should make a mod from scratch. Only not a modern day mod, I feel the way the world shifts around so quickly these days it's terrificially hard to make a great current day mod, whereas if you pick a certain time in history you can craft it to nigh-on perfection.

As for what timeframe, I'm not so sure. The more modern the better I'd say.

One time which I'd find somewhat interesting to play through is April 2005. You've got WWE about to pull the triggers on both Batista and John Cena as well as a really diverse roster, TNA on their hottest streak ever but without a solid TV deal, ROH on top form with Samoa Joe, Bryan Danielson and CM Punk all yet to be poached by the bigger boys and elsewhere a booming independent scene with a whole heap of potential across the board.

I think you guys should help. It may never come to fruition but it'd be damn fun to play with, right?

Who's with me?

This would be great! Especially because of the "Nostalgia factor" I would have with this, since I started watching wrestling during that time.

Other perfect times to start would be

1. the beginning of Ruthless Aggression Era (March 2002, Brand Split begins)

2. Attitude Era/90's (June 1996 (KOTR 1996), November 1997 (Screwjob), March 1998 (WM XIV), May and July 1996 (MSG Incident and NWO debuts)

3. Start of the PG Era

4. 2000/2001 (ECW and WCW still alive, but barely. Invasion.)

As I said in the other thread, cpt.charisma has already been working extremely hard on converting and editing his RWM data, and could possibly be done by full game release if not shortly after.

How about January 2004? I haven't seen any data from this era. The brand split is rolling great. Holly/Lesnar for the title at the Rumble. Benoit's Rumble build up. Evolution. Cena picking up steam. It's begging to be made.

Wait, Hardcore Holly had a title match at a PPV? :o

Yeah. He was getting revenge on Lesnar for breaking his neck back in 2002. It was actually a really good feud, in retrospect. The title match was kinda iffy, though; Holly lost in six minutes.

Oh, and I'm good with either January '04 or April '05.

I'd love 2005. There is no 2005 scenario even for older games out there (well there is some crappy for TEW 2005). I wouldn't mind 2004, it could be worked that there'd be 2005, 2006 and so on.

End of 2009 has been my favourite times to play these games. Some scenario from around that time would be a piece of awesomness.

I'm no good in editing these stuff and so on. I just wanted to give my two cents for topic. :D

Okay, 2004 sounds like fun, let's do that.

I figure the best idea is to start small and then work up. It's early days and I've only just made the first worker (Brock Lesnar for those who care, and that was just done so I could have a quick tour of the editor) but I'd like to think that for the first bare bones 'release' we could get five companies with around 400 workers. That doesn't sound out of the question.

Anyone who wants to assist on, well, anything really is more than welcome to. I'd especially be looking to those who have experience in making mods to at least chip in with some help, whether that be physically creating things on just giving some tips to point us in the right direction.

First thing I think should be done is getting the scales. Get one guy who'll be the top in each category (not like one super wrestler, but like Brock Lesnar might be tops for Brawling, Kurt Angle for Technical Wrestling, just as broad and probably not game-accurate examples), one guy for the middle, and maybe one guy who's dirt worst. Just so you have a frame of reference for everything.

For adding workers and promotions you can fire up the EWR data and use that as an employment list.

First thing I think should be done is getting the scales. Get one guy who'll be the top in each category (not like one super wrestler, but like Brock Lesnar might be tops for Brawling, Kurt Angle for Technical Wrestling, just as broad and probably not game-accurate examples), one guy for the middle, and maybe one guy who's dirt worst. Just so you have a frame of reference for everything.

The same should be done with popularity gauging what sort of popularity at the time would equate to a main ever and midcard level for each level such as WWE, TNA and indies although if your starting at the start of 2004 there would not be much difference between TNA and the indies with the exception of the named talents.