The Lets Players Thread!

Millsybeast

Hey everyone, this is a place for Lets Players. If you're an experienced LP'er, Newcomer to the LP world or even someone wanting to watch LP's of games, this is the place for you!

If you are wondering what a Lets Player is, it's pretty much a person or people who record themselves playing games with commentary

I have just started a Lets Play of Dead Space 3, as it's the newest game that takes my eye. I also have a Lets Play of a Pokemon hack and have yet to finish Assassins Creed II (postponed). If you want to check my channel out, here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/user/MillsybeastLP

So lets talk!

Edited by Millsybeast
  • Like 1

Ooh err, I thought everyone hate pewdiepie?

After having never heard of pewdiepie I investigated and yeah, this is the truth. I lasted 2:42 of one video and want to smack this dude to shut him up.

• Like 1

Out of the 50 people I'm subscribed to on YouTube, the one with the most subs only has 952 :/

I hated having 20+ videos in my sub box daily and I hated the fact that I would basically watch every single one.

Now, I get maybe 10-15 a week to watch and can take my time in watching them. Unless there are 2 people playing the same game then I'll choose only one of their series to watch. Other than that I watch practically everything they upload.

I watch Chris Smoove - actually been interested in playing Assassin's Creed since watching him LP it. (Summ, that's one reason why - I get exposed to other games through good commentators).

http://www.youtube.com/user/Smoove7182954

His channel video is him playing NFS against Tony Parker of the San Antonio Spurs, which is crazy.

I'm not the best game player in the world by a long way, so watching people who are better than me play games I enjoy gives me the chance to see the parts of games I've either not known about, not been good enough to reach, or not been patient enough to keep playing towards.

As Plubby says it's also a helpful way of seeing whether you enjoy the game or not without renting/buying it, and having additional commentary opens up the game in a different way. The AC games might be good for me to watch as when I played it I just killed targets quickly without putting any thought into it, same with Hitman.

When I worked in the game store, it was common practice between me and another guy to recommend Let's Plays to customers who weren't sure if they would like a certain game or if it was proper for their kids or not. Demos don't really give you the full story in most cases, the general opinion was.

I enjoy watching LP's due to the commentary. It's a good way to laugh for 20 minutes or however long it may be.

I actually checked out that pewdiepie thing, though, and wow. He comes off as a terrible version of Tobuscus, at least the <2 minutes that I watched, and I don't much care for Tobuscus in the first place.

Edited by Vitamin E

The only thing that I watch right now that constitutes anything near a Let's Play is the Game Grumps, and while yeah - it is basically a Let's Play - they pointed out in the beginning that they entirely hate the style that most people do LPs in and went against that for the most part. I'm growing a little weary of it all, but it's still nice to have in the background.

The only let's plays I watch tend to be the rooster teeth ones, game grumps and northernlion. I like watching let's plays because they can be entertaining, plus they sometimes get me interested in games I may not of otherwise played.