Players who played for your team in the last 10 years that you'd forgotten about

Out of vague interest I was just flicking through season-by-season stats for Tottenham on the official site, checking for who were our longest serving current players (Dawson and Lennon I knew, turns out the third is Huddlestone). Anyway this search took me back to 2005 and then to 2004 and 2003, bleak years with terrible squads indeed. Amongst those were some players I couldn't even properly remember or had purposefully forgotten.

Stephane Dalmat (spent a season on loan from Inter apparently in 2003).

Jonathan Blondel (he was Belgian right? I remember thinking he should have gotten more of a chance).

Dean Marney (useless).

Mbulelo Mabizela (even more useless).

Paul Konchesky (totally forgot he played for us).

Also reminded me of how bad some of our strikers were: Sergei Rebrov (15 goals in 79 games), Bobby Zamora (1 goal in 18), Grzegorz Rasiak (0 goals in 8 games), Helder Postiga (1 goal in 24 games), Steffen Iversen (47 goals in 177 games)...

The search did remind me of the mighty Erik Edman though who was excellent.

So, have a flick through some old team stats, any players you were reacquainted with?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the list of players on Wiki who have played under 24 games for Liverpool:

Patrice Luzi - a goalkeeper who made 1 appearance in 2004.

Josemi - Who made 35 appearances and was part of the deal we got for Michael Owen's transfer to Madrid IIRC.

Antonio Baragan - who made all of 1 appearance.

Mauricio Pellegrino - 12 appearances in 2005.

Stephen Darby - who I think we had for a lot longer than I thought we did, and was most recently seen playing for Bradford at Wembley

Damien Plessis - who made 8 appearances for Liverpool and his career has gone south, now he's playing in Ligue 2 in France.

Milan Jovanovic - Rafa's last signing! He got a bit of a shaft when Hodgson came in.

John Welsh - Now at PNE, former reserve team captain who is probably the poster boy for Liverpool's ability to muck up bringing youth players through to the first team which has only just started to turn around.

Also we had Paul Jones on loan for a while once.

Geremi and Quaresma.

Never remember Geremi when thinking of Chelsea midfielders, and Quaresma had a very dull loan spell where he played just five games.

I remember Quaresma precisely *because* he was a rather meaningless loan who never played. :shifty: Just like the mighty Mineiro!

Jiri Jarosik and Maniche are two I'd suggest. I also tend to forget about Asier Del Horno, unless I'm thinking "now who was that left-back that I never remember...".

Gets a bit shadier once I go back through the Ranieri years. Slavisa Jokanovic? Pierre Issa? Sometimes I forget Bernard Lambourde, sometimes not.

Geremi and Quaresma.

Never remember Geremi when thinking of Chelsea midfielders, and Quaresma had a very dull loan spell where he played just five games.

I remember Quaresma precisely *because* he was a rather meaningless loan who never played. :shifty: Just like the mighty Mineiro!

Jiri Jarosik and Maniche are two I'd suggest. I also tend to forget about Asier Del Horno, unless I'm thinking "now who was that left-back that I never remember...".

Gets a bit shadier once I go back through the Ranieri years. Slavisa Jokanovic? Pierre Issa? Sometimes I forget Bernard Lambourde, sometimes not.

The fact I only remember Del Horno from that list probably says a lot for the rest of them.

I actually had to look him up a while back when he was at Doncaster, had no memory of him at all. Grand total of 10 minutes of Premiership football, of which I'll have seen 8 at home. I tend to remember everyone, but I didn't have a clue.

Can't say I've ever heard of him. Just gave him a Wiki and apparently he was Senegal captain?

I tend to know everyone who comes and goes as well, despite being a long distance fan as it were and shocked I've never even heard of the guy.