Benji

On 12/9/2016 at 03:57, Lint said:

Well

Hide contents

I don't overly remember how it was resolved, but I could see her being the Earth 2 Laurel/Black Siren from The Flash

On 12/9/2016 at 05:48, Kirkland said:
  Hide contents

Black Siren is locked up in Flash's metahuman prison. I'd think the first escape from it would have come up as it's happening.

<_<

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really love Rene/Wild Dog.  He's one of the more, I feel, grounded characters on the show, or even in the whole DCTU.  At one point in this episode, he basically said " I know I can be a dick, but I'm a dick who is right".  During Invasion he admitted he was wrong about people with powers and changed his opinion...one of the few people on any of the series who has actually done that.  I really wish Ragman got more screentime, but considering his characters use of CGI, I can understand why you don't see him in action very often

My reaction to the latest episode was `meh'. People had already figured out what the deal was with Laurel showing up at ther end of the previous episode before this one even aired (and were 100% correct), and I am not thrilled at all with what happened at the end of the episode and the preview with the coming one.

A third Black Canary (fourth, if you count when Artemis posed as BC, but that shouldn't count), but this time one that may actually have the cry as a super-power rather than a device? *Yawn* I'm just glad they're not actually resurrecting Laurel. I've always thought Katie Cassidy was wrong for the part.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad Reddit got me to pick the show back up. I'm really liking this season and I like the new Canary. I still hope for an actual Laurel comeback next season but this one is fine.

I already liked Wild Dog, but I like him a heck of a lot more after this episode. 

Something I'm wondering about Vigilante....

(Only read if you know who is supposed to be under the mask already, or don't care if you find out)

Chase is married, and Vigilante showed up despite Chase being shot. If he is Vigilante, it was stupid of him to suit up in that condition and risk aggravating his wound. So I'm wondering if someone else is Vigilante, and maybe he will take over the identity later on. (In the comics, the reason he became Vigilante is because his wife and son were murdered.)  If he already is Vigilante, I guess they're going to go with a different origin?

Hope they don't drag out Dinah being suited up much longer, the way they are with Mon-El on SUPERGIRL......

And at this rate, I'm wondering if we'll even see Prometheus again before the season finale.

Edited by GhostMachine

• 2 weeks later...

So they revealed Prometheus tonight...

DA Chase....I honestly did not see that one coming

Lint...

I didn't see it coming, because in the comics Adrian Chase was the Vigilante. He started out as DC's version of Marvel's Punisher (Guy whose family is murdered, so he puts on a costume and shoots bad guys), and eventually committed suicide after he realized he had become just as bad as the people he killed.

This whole thing throws me off. I was expecting Chase to either be the Vigilante, or take over as the new Vigilante later on. But I realized last week that Chase couldn't be the Vigilante, because after being shot there was no way he could have been running around in the costume later in the episode, and Chase is married. (Though I suppose they could have had a child who was killed...) 

I honestly have no clue who Vigilante turns out to be, unless its a brand new character we've never seen before (LAAAAAME!!), or someone from a past season. Because there's only one person from this season I could think of who could be under the mask, and if it turns out to be him, then the writers are morons: Curtis' husband, Paul. Putting on a mask and deciding to kill bad guys just because your spouse decides to go fight crime, rather than supporting them or even joining them, would be a fucking dumb as hell motivation. And we saw enough of Vigilante's neck skin to know he's not black, so that lets out the detective that Arrow talked to about Malone's murder.

Right now, unless there's a massive swerve of epic proportions, I think the show has jumped the shark. Again.

• 1 month later...

I'm so happy this show had such a good turnaround.  Hyped as shit for these next episodes.

• 4 weeks later...

This weeks episode...

"Hey kid, I'm glad you came back.."

and I'm SO glad you came back Manu!  YAY DEATHSTROKE!

• Like 2

Season finale stuff

Spoiler

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that ending. Seriously. I hate cliffhangers at the end of a season. It's the fucking worst.

My thoughts

YAY!  Slades back and he's sane and sorts Olivers friend again!

Oh god dammit Slade!

YAY!  Slade was fooling them!

Oh god dammit Slade!

YAY!  Slade was fooling them again!

And yea, no way they kill 99% of the principle cast off screen like that...especially since Rick Gonzalez was promoted to series regular for next season :P

Stephen Amell was on Celebrity Ninja Warrior.

Results for how he did below:

Only two people finished all 6 obstacles without either having a do-over or their trainer complete one of the obstacles for them. (Since it was for charity, they relaxed the rules)

Amell and the Olympic athlete. But Amell went one farther: He went to the backlot and did the Salmon Ladder afterward.

• Like 1

Spoiler

I still find it astounding how small he looked in the ring with WWE stars when he comes off like a beast everywhere else.

Likeable goof?  No....still rather annoying.  But the season was a VAST improvement over S4.  I had given up on the show and wasn't going to watch it, but people talked me into it and I started watching shortly before e7 aired and I didn't regret it.

1 hour ago, Benji said:

So I believe the season has finished now - is it worth me bothering this season or did it end as a total mess again? Is Felicity a likeable goof again?

Good season. Best villain since Deathstroke. Felicity has been used much better.