Benji

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dug the future stuff. Really don't care for the end of the season though.

So decided to finally give season five a chance as background noise and it's actually been quite good, easily best since season two. Are seasons 6 and 7 any good or should I cash out on a good season?

Season 5 finale spoiler...

Spoiler

Holy fuck, Slade!

I haven't felt that strongly about season 7.  I watch it, but it's never been a high priority.  I think I still got 2-3 episodes left.

Debating whether or not I want to bother with the final season.  I've been bored with Arrow for a couple years, but there's only like 10 episodes in the final so may as well see it out.

The main problems I had with the last two seasons: 

They kept Diaz around for far too long. He just was not that interesting a villain.

The prison arc was too long.

The future flash forwards interefered with things, and contributed nothing whatsoever to the show. 

I liked this past season but I've been out o f the bubble for over a year so any Arrow content felt fresh.

I probably enjoy Arrow more than the casual viewer, but it has definitely started to feel dragged out. I'll watch the final season and hope it gives everyone a nice send off. 

Elseworlds: I love that Oliver doesn't believe in Batman. Too bad it won't pay off with Batman putting him on his ass. 

I really could do without the convoluted Bodyswap though. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I was watching Season 1 tonight.

You remember how for the first few episodes Oliver had to slip away from Diggle and Dig would be watching him harder the next day?

Well at one point Oliver fakes that a door is locked so Dig will step in front of him and try it. Oliver slips his arm Under Dig's and hooks his hand over his neck and chokes him out. This is before Oliver reveals he's the hood to him and a bit before Dig quits. He just shows up again later like his charge didn't just expertly put him to sleep.

Currently watching season seven and thought I'd rank my seasons so far since I jumped back in with season 5 a few months back. Always up for a bit of friendly debate about this subject :)

WORST - Season 4 - AKA Damien Dahrk, Nuclear Weapons and Felicity at her worst, I literally stopped watching for 3-4 years after the finale. I thought the show had gone completely and utterly Dexter in terms of peaks and bottoms. Thankfully I gave the show another shot and it redeemed itself somewhat.

Season 1 - Massive mixed bag, starts off very hit or miss, ends well, but when I first watched it, it wasn't the Green Arrow I was hoping for, so it wound up a little disappointing (and I'll never get over them making Sin such a bad character when her and her story with Canary was one of my favourite parts of the Arrow family).

Season 6 - Great start, falls down second half when Diaz takes over as villain, Michael Emerson was the best part. I enjoyed that Oliver really was facing problems from all fronts, and I'd argue this included some of Amell's best and most nuanced performances.

Season 5 - With some tweaks, this could have been the perfect final season. Oliver comes full circle, Felicity appears dead after absolutely ruining season 4, the villain was great and it never felt obvious, the team they brought together had great chemistry both with and against each other. Whilst it wouldn't have redeemed Season 4 entirely, it certainly did a ton to rehab my feelings on the show.

Season 3 - Olicity peaks and whilst it doesn't quite hit the peaks of Season 2, it really finds a great groove, and the entire League story was phenomenally done. I still think Oliver's death in this season is the best mid-season finale I've ever seen.

BEST - Season 2 - The best of the show, I'd argue only Daredevil Season 1 beats it in terms of superhero TV seasons. I don't even feel like I need to explain why this is the best season. Absolute peak TV.

Not sure what I feel about the full season, but the Diaz-centric/viewpoint/backstory episode a year or so back was brilliaint imho, and I wish Arrow had done more episodes like that.