Batman: Arkham Origins

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

If the Batman of Origins is "Batman 5.0" and the Batman of Arkham City was "Batman 0.9", did Batman get worse as he aged? Because Origins is supposed to take place two years after Bruce assumes the mantle of Batman, and City presumably takes place after that. >_>

"The top assassins from the DC Comics Universe". So Deathstroke and Deadshot? I can't think of any other big villans known as assassins.

There's a number of League of Assassins agents they could use, especially since the League is so closely tied to Batman in almost all Batman media. Then there's characters like Tigress and Cheshire too.

If the Batman of Origins is "Batman 5.0" and the Batman of Arkham City was "Batman 0.9", did Batman get worse as he aged? Because Origins is supposed to take place two years after Bruce assumes the mantle of Batman, and City presumably takes place after that. >_>

You've read it back to front, it says Origins 0.9, City 5.0.

• Like 1

Waaaaaaay more interested in this than I was in City. The fact it's out of Gotham (As if they didn't beat us over the head enough with it, it's set in Star City.) is kind of a blessing too. Shame they can't ditch the Arkham name, because it probably won't make much sense in this one. Totally up for seeing the adaptions of guys like Deadshot, Black Mask and fucking Deathstroke. I really hope we see a bit more of an extended DC Universe in the game from this. I want Green Arrow to show up and lend a hand, that'd be fucking sweet. If not Green Arrow, the least they could do is feature Nightwing in some capacity. They're going a different route with the villains, that's awesome. Now let's see some new heroes.

They totally need to make a Batman: Arkham Asylum sized game surrounding some other DC heroes. Makes you hope that the Deadpool game sells big - could open the doors for a whole bunch of other lesser known hero based games.

Waaaaaaay more interested in this than I was in City. The fact it's out of Gotham (As if they didn't beat us over the head enough with it, it's set in Star City.) is kind of a blessing too. Shame they can't ditch the Arkham name, because it probably won't make much sense in this one. Totally up for seeing the adaptions of guys like Deadshot, Black Mask and fucking Deathstroke. I really hope we see a bit more of an extended DC Universe in the game from this. I want Green Arrow to show up and lend a hand, that'd be fucking sweet. If not Green Arrow, the least they could do is feature Nightwing in some capacity. They're going a different route with the villains, that's awesome. Now let's see some new heroes.

They totally need to make a Batman: Arkham Asylum sized game surrounding some other DC heroes. Makes you hope that the Deadpool game sells big - could open the doors for a whole bunch of other lesser known hero based games.

I can see Green Arrow, but I honestly don't see Nightwing, I mean, isn't this game set only two years after Bruce dons the cowl? Way too early for Nightwing to show up, storywise. Also, wasn't Deadshot in Arkham City as well, as a mini-boss?

Erm, it's in Gotham? It's set in New and Old Gotham, Old Gotham being the part of the city that was cordoned off as Arkham City. Where did you hear/see that it was set in Star City? o_O

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/04/10/the-world-of-batman-arkham-origins.aspx

One of the big features that sets Arkham Origins apart is its midwinter Christmas setting. The game picks up on a cold and forbidding Christmas Eve night in Gotham City.

I think you're just looking far too much into what's most likely just a nod to the expanded DC Universe with the Queen Industries container.