FIFA 14 Thread

Dan

Hmm, okay. This differs from my experience of all other online gaming but I shall be open-minded.

Essentially, if their defence can flap about on the edge of the box in the same way that my defence flaps on the edge of the box, we might actually see some goals scored that aren't just 87th minute winners from Gareth fucking Bale. :shifty:

The longer I play this against the CPU, the more I hate it. I constantly see the CPU carve out chance after chance against my defense, no matter what I do. They can dribble past me, pass through me, or play long balls. I can't do shit on offense unless its Tony fucking Pulis style crosses into the box. I don't know how many times now I've had Luis Suarez try to dribble past a guy 1-on-1 and get stuffed. The inconsistencies of this game are fucking atrocious.

Well you say that... I played my first online games last night and it went thusly:

1. - Easy, went 3-0 up over him in the first half, he quit.

2. - Ground out a 0-0 draw.

3. - Fluked a 1-1 draw after we both fluffed utterly stupid goals.

4. - Had to quit after the first 30 mins (when 0-0) because his juddery internet connection was making it utterly infuriating.

5 - Whupped me.

6. - Whupped me.

7. - Whupped me.

8. - Whupped me.

So, with game #1 aside, it's all very familiar fare to me. <_<

I'm not doing too great with my UT in seasons, don't worry.

w2, d2, l2 at the mo. Still got 4 games to get just 1pt for promotion, but I'm not doing as well as I expected.

I blame the shocking first touch.

I find that I'm not having too many problems keeping the opposition out, it's just scoring goals that's been my issue, and if I force it too much, I'm left bare at the back for an easy counter.

I'll be glad when they fix the lofted through balls to not be so in favour of the attackers though. The problem is, it'll either end up at the forwards feet straight away, or your defender will attempt a touch that goes straight to the oncoming player. It's silly how holding L1 and triangle together sets you up for the entire game. So yeah, it needed fixing.

And you can hardly blame people online who abuse it. Fact is, online gaming is serious business, and they'll do whatever it takes to win - the exploit simply shouldn't have existed in the first place.

Only one of the players I faced last night was abusing the lofted ball - the others never really used it, which was a pleasant surprise. But then I'm sure he would have won even without it so fair play.

I do need to at least get more used to using lofted passes in general, though. Currently I only ever play the ball on the ground and so can sometimes run into cul-de-sacs on the flanks.