FIFA 14 Thread

Dan

Closest you can get is those coin boosts you get like 1000 extra coins per match played. But they took them down at launch and I haven't seen them back yet.

And I was lucky enough to stumble upon a nice method of making coin during the web app days that got me some coin and another one after launch that has made me lots more.

Only played a divisions worth of games, but my UT is coming along nicely;

GK De Sanctis; RB Abate, CB Barzagli, CB Domizzi, LB Criscito; RM Herrmann, CDM Khedira, CAM Kroos, LM Caligiuri; ST Doumbia, ST Drogba.

Chemistry: 88

5* - 81 Rated

Manager: Michael Laudrup

Going for an Italian back 5, German midfield and an Ivory Coast attack.

Will improve certain areas when I get enough coins, but I'm broke at the mo. I kinda want Schurrle on the left, but he's around 25k.

Got De Sciglio, Bonucci, Santon, Bender, Marin, Sam and Bony as back up players for now.

Just pulled Draxler if you're interested.

Okay, I have no idea what I'm doing on Ultimate Team, haven't ever played it before and haven't touched it since opening my packs. I literally don't know a thing about how this works, so I'm going to start by listing my gold players here, in overall order, and see if you guys can give me some advice.

Domenico Criscito (LB, 80)

Renato Augusto (CAM, 80)

Senad Lulic (LM, 79) - This appears to be what I can only explain as 'shiny,' in trading card speak.

Juan Camilo Zuniga (LM, 79)

Ben Foster (GK, 78)

Martin Stanzl (CB, 78)

Adriano (LB, 77)

Fernando Gago (CDM, 77)

Emanuele Giaccherini (CM, 77)

Daniel Caliguri (LM, 77)

Raheem Sterling (LW, 76) - Also 'shiny.'

Rod Fanni (RB, 76)

Alvaro Morata (ST, 76)

Mariano (RB, 76)

Massimi Ambrosini (CDM, 76)

Marvin Martin (CM, 76)

Ever Banega (CF, 75)

Christian Gimenez (CAM, 75)

Rhodolfo (CB, 75)

Joe Ledley (CM, 75)

Manolo Gabbiadini (ST, 75)

So, um, yeah. What the fuck do I do? Keep in mind I don't even know where to start, let alone play.

Is it one or the other? Like, most of my players have an Italian connection... so I've got a team of 8 so far, with them either being Italian or just playing in Serie A. That means I've got a couple of players with neither in common, but it's the closest I have to a starting XI. What do I do without being able to field a full team and only 500 coins? Just throw Ben Foster in at GK until I can afford a more suitable player? Just went on the live transfer market... fuck that, everything disappears before you decide whether you want it or not :shifty:

Also, what's the significance of a card being shiny?