FIFA 14 Thread

Dan

Officially retiring from Seasons. Absolute waste of fucking time trying to play attractive football and getting done 4-0 by somebody with 30% possession and 50% passing accuracy. Fucking joke marketing the whole game around "you have to build up patiently in midfield now" because that's the opposite of the truth. That's how I play, and I am punished for it, while talentless cunts reap the rewards. Fuck EA and fuck this game.

In the games that I keep possession well, I tend to get good results, but as the screens TCO and I posted above show, it's not always the case which can be frustrating.

Out of interest, how did you manage to concede 4 goals?

Officially retiring from Seasons. Absolute waste of fucking time trying to play attractive football and getting done 4-0 by somebody with 30% possession and 50% passing accuracy. Fucking joke marketing the whole game around "you have to build up patiently in midfield now" because that's the opposite of the truth. That's how I play, and I am punished for it, while talentless cunts reap the rewards. Fuck EA and fuck this game.

In the games that I keep possession well, I tend to get good results, but as the screens TCO and I posted above show, it's not always the case which can be frustrating.

Out of interest, how did you manage to concede 4 goals?

Literally all 4 came from lobbed through-balls in his own half and bypassed my entire defense. There would have been more, but he was caught offside a few times and my keeper made a few saves one-on-one. I wish I could say it only happened in one match... but I've lost 7 in this fashion since last night. What division are you in? I've spent two seasons in Division 6 and this is where those tactics have been most prevalent for me so far. I dominate possession and get battered every time. Ironically, my only goal today came from me angrily copying that same hoof-ball shit. I could probably win every time if I played the same way, but it's not fun and I have no interest in doing that.

So, remember I needed 1 point from 5 games to go up?

First game, lost 4-1. Can't really argue. The guy was clearly better than me, and really good going forward.

I then lost two more on the bounce, both 2-1, and the type of game that leaves us all frustrated. Way more possession and shots on target, nothing working when it comes to our own AI, then the opponent tucks away 2 out of 3 chances they get.

I won the 4th game 2-0 to seal promotion, and needed a point in my last game to win the title - ended up losing that 2-1 due to a 90th minute goal that was my own fault. Gave it away in midfield and he shot from 30 yards. Of course De Sanctis dived straight past it. Should've played Buffon instead, but wanted to rest him. :(

I think I've accepted to just take what the game throws at you. There'll be matches where nothing works and not much goes for you, but it's still enjoyable when you're not punching the floor in anger. :shifty:

I have won two games in an online Cup though, so I'm at the semi-final stage. Winning it only gets me 2k in coins, which is nothing when you consider holding my Division 6 position will get me more back than that.

Division 6 turned into a bit of a nightmare. 4pts from the first 3 games, but no win in the next 3 meant I needed 6pts from the remaining 4 games to stay in the division.

Figured I needed to tighten up, so went 4-5-1. And signed Klose and Gomez as CAM's, which helps as the formation uses two, and playing with just one striker is pointless unless others can contribute too.

Game 1, missed good chances and drew 0-0, but won the next 2-0, meaning 2pts from 2 games would be enough. Promptly romped to a 3-0 lead in the next (Gomez with 2 and Klose!) to secure safety. Then the match got really laggy with 20 to go, and I was just waiting for the disconnection and no result to screw me. Got through it and it ended 4-2. 3,400 coins for staying up!

I can't see me going too much higher than this division to be fair. Might get a lucky run of results at some point to get promoted to Div 5, but I'm not holding my breath.

Defence feels a lot tighter with the packed midfield, and I seem to be controlling games more than before.

So I've been holding off getting this and with pay day coming up, I'm changing my mind every other day on if I should spend the money on it.

I hear good things, I hear bad things. Just read a couple of pages here and it seems the jury is out! Is it worth getting? Or should I just save my money.

I've had every FIFA for as long as I can remember and this is the first one I can't make my mind up on getting. Perhaps I'm just getting old!

Let me illustrate the kind of people you're dealing with on UT.

On FUTHead they have a post about the upcoming legends for Xbox, in which there are various little pictures of the players and their cards. One of which really drew someone's ire.

"You have some fucking American that no one has never heard of but there's no Ronaldo, one of the greatest footballers of all time?"

The player in question being noted American George Weah. But people were quick to defend Weah, including:

"I do not know who he his but I'm sure he's earned his place."

Second stint in Division 6 has started with 3 wins and 1 defeat. One more point and I'm safe for another season. But, 7 more points and I'll be promoted!

...I'd better not get too far ahead of myself. Not conceding anywhere near the amount of goals that I used to, lately.

Let me illustrate the kind of people you're dealing with on UT.

On FUTHead they have a post about the upcoming legends for Xbox, in which there are various little pictures of the players and their cards. One of which really drew someone's ire.

"You have some fucking American that no one has never heard of but there's no Ronaldo, one of the greatest footballers of all time?"

The player in question being noted American George Weah. But people were quick to defend Weah, including:

"I do not know who he his but I'm sure he's earned his place."

Amazing :D

Wonder how hard it will be to transfer my shit over to next-gen.

Played a bit of UT, done some wheeling and dealing and got a nice little Prem team now.

GK: de Gea, Guzan

DEF: Santon, Cissokho, Coloccini, Agger, Dawson, Chiriches, Jones, Rafael

MID: Sissoko, Sandro, Ramsey, Giaccherini, Holtby, Barry

WING: Chadli, Deulofeu, Sinclair, Oxlade-Chamberlain

ST: Benteke, Dzeko, Ba.

Been playing 433. Only single player, tried an online game and it froze before kick off. So annoying.

Baddar's updated team, seeing as we're posting teams now!

(4-5-1)

GK - Buffon

RB - Abate

CB - Ogbonna

CB - Barzagli

LB - Criscito

RM - Muller

CM - Bender

CAM - Kroos

CAM - Gomez

LM - Schurrle

ST - Cavani

Subs

De Sanctis, Astori, Santon, Khedira, Podolski, Doumbia, Drogba.

Just scored an awesome goal. I was winning 3-2 and my opponent won a corner in the 90th minute, so he naturally sent his GK up for it. My keeper (Valdes) came out and claimed the corner, then just booted it from his own box, and watched it bounce down the pitch into the empty net :lol:

Figured my team is now good enough to stop adding to, and save for a couple of quality additions.. then make a new team. Intending on trying to pick up Yaya Toure, Mesut Ozil.. maybe Kompany or another similar CB, and a top quality striker, a little different to Benteke/Dzeko.

Then my next team is going to be former Villa players, I think.