FIFA 14 Thread

Dan

Yeah... I'm on professional. On that difficulty I can outplay my opponent but I struggle to score. I had to rematch my last Career game three times because they all ended in 0-0 draws. Even then, I only bagged a 1-0 win. The leap between Semi-Pro and Professional is outrageous.

I just had the most rediculous offside call put on me.

Attacking midfielder can't pass to striker because he's offside, so opposing defender tackles him and takes the ball. Striker manages to win the ball from the defender a good five seconds real time later....

Flag up, ref blows the whistle, offside.

What. The. Fuck.

^ that that that that that. It's pretty ridiculous really.

Pretty soon after posting that, I beat United 4-0. Weird.

Yeah, I dunno about this game in this regard. I'll go through several 1-1, 1-0 matches and then just pop a 3-0/3-1/4-1 or some shit like that out of nowhere and it's easy. Immediately goes back to "uh, no sir."

It's the same as FIFA has been for years - if you go 1-0 up, defend for your life for the next 10, as the AI will do all it can to fuck you over. Keeping possession is key. Things tend to open up against lesser opposition later on, and chances will come.

I talk like an expert, but I still concede seemingly unavoidable goals on WC/Legendary.

Keeper tries to save the same shot three times, ball goes in anyway: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/177841512

Best part is he might have made it if not for the defender:

FFA14PS3_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_vAL.jpg

Edited by OctoberRavenO

So, in last years game I got promoted to the Premiership as Leeds, got fuck all money for it and lost interest immediately.

Maybe it'll work somewhat properly this year, I naively thought.

Got promoted, got all of 4m to spend and 20k spare wage budget. At least 4 of my players wanted 10-15k wage increases and were getting pissed off and requesting transfers because they didn't get them.

Game can fuck right off once more.

There's an exploit you can use at the end of each season prior to promotion if you're frustrated with the boards allocated funds.

I'm playing a Career Mode in League 2 as Portsmouth and was frustrated that after winning the FA Cup, and J. Paint Trophy, all my tournament winnings were taken by the greedy board and used to pay out their bonuses at the end of the season! Or so I assume, as despite finishing the season with something like 1.5 - 2 million, I started the new season with the same budget as the season before, something 400-500k, and a wage budget of 6k.

At first I was like ok fine, that's fair, realistic even maybe. But given how much money I had 'won' in the past season I felt a bit dudded, especially after I realised that to raise the quality of my squad in preparation for hopefully entering the Championship the next season, I'd need a lot more money for wages, as even Championship quality players usually demand in the range or greater than $6000, but that is my whole budget!

So here is the exploit...

At the end of the season take all of your transfer funds and convert it into wages money via the slider.

Then go to 'contracts' and find a player that is not terrible but that you don't want and could live with releasing, usually an old guy whose value is on the decline is a good choice.

Save your game.

Then renegotiate this chaps contract for one year and assign all of your wage budget to him (note: you'll need to keep a couple of hundred pounds in your 'transfer budget' via the slider, to pay his 'sign-on' fee) and he should accept.

Once he accepts pat him on the head and tell him he's a 'good boy'! Advance to the next season.

Once the new season rolls around go to 'search players', sort by League (League 2) and set the min. age to 35. This will ensure you only get a list of players who are on minimum wage or close (you want to find someone who is on 750 pounds max), and who are surplus to requirements at their current clubs.

Once you've found your mark approach his club and offer a trade deal. Offer your old dude with the insane wage in a trade deal, if you want you can chuck in a 1000 or 2000 pounds just to ensure it goes through first time. Note: the first time I tried this the guy who I'd stacked with wages didn't appear on the list for players I could offer in trade! That's why you need to save before hand, you can see the list of guys you can offer in trade at this point so if you get stuck just re-load and choose the least important of those guys.

The AI should accept your deal, if not, choose a new mark who has lower value than the guy you are dumping on them or increase the monetary incentive, i.e. transfer fee.

Once the deal goes through (not sure how the AI running a League 2 club will afford a player on 50k wages but they do!) all the wages you'd stacked on to your old dude will have been cleared from your budget! When I did this I had 55k in wages to move, after I moved the player on and released the junk player I had received in the trade deal I was left with over 2 million pounds!

Edited by snakesonaplane
  • Like 1

Decided to give Career mode a first real go. Playing on Legendary, 7min halves;

Real Sociedad is my team of choice. I tend to do better with teams that aren't expected to win everything.

Out:

Mikel Gonzalez, 5.5m, Sunderland

Agirretxe, 7.5m, Lyon

In

Lorenzo Insigne, Napoli, 7m

Davide Astori, Cagliari, 5.4m

Christian Tello, Barca, Season loan

Adnan Januzaj, Man Utd, Season loan

First XI

Bravo; C Martinez, Astori, I Martinez, De la Bella; Granero, Zurutuza, Prieto; Griezmann, Insigne, Tello

Not an amazing bench, but Vela and Januzaj are there. Oh, Gonzalo Castro too - he's pacey.

First up, Getafe at home. Let's do this!

FUT offline seasons are getting tough for me now that I'm expected to actually beat teams on Professional level.

Managed to get the title in the last season by the skin of my teeth by a 1-1 draw with LA Galaxy on Professional on the last fixture. My goal came from a blind luck PK after a Galaxy defender decided to bring down my main goalscorer (Stephan Keissling) as he was receiving a cross.

And I've finally been getting some style cards. Now if I can only get some good non-centre-backs I'll have a real quality defensive unit. As it stands though, wingers are the biggest threat to me.

I really like how you can just call for substitutions with Kinect but I am finding it impossible to make a change that includes Tottenham's Capoue. I've tried saying "Ca-poo", "Ca-poo-ay" and an elongated mess that sounds something like "Cap-oh-oo-ay" but I cannot get it to recognise his name. Anybody else have any ideas of how to pronounce it? You're supposed to say it as it's spelled to help Kinect recognise it, for example I have to say "Paul-een-ho" for Paulinho and "Lame-la" for Lamela.

So a month on, how's everybody's UT looking?

I've found some recent success with this hybrid:

3-5-2, 2 CDMs and a CAM

-------- Yilmaz --- Drogba --------

------------- Sneijder --------------

-Turan ------------------- Mirallas -

--------- Melo - Sandro -----------

- Miranda - Godin - Vermalaen -

------------ Courtois ----------------

I've got FIFA 14 ready to go as soon as my PS4 arrives. Since the web app started I've been trading on FUT and my Bundesliga team currently looks like this:

--------- Huntelaar ---- Mandzukic ---------

Elia ------ Kroos ----- Thiago ------ Muller

Jansen - Hummels - Boateng - Rafinha

-------------------Weidenfeller-------------------

Very much looking forward to actually play with it.