FIFA 14 Thread

Dan

So I just made the mistake of browsng the EA Fifa forum. Nothing but people, presumably on losing streaks, complaining about stuff I haven't seen present in the game.

Personally, having played PES for the last month, I'm really enjoying Fifa. I think it's much more enjoyable than 13, even online where I've never really been interested. On the verge of Division 8 in FUT with a pretty average team, so not doing too badly. The same can't be said for my Man Utd career. Finding legendary really tough this year, but a lot of fun nonetheless.

So, in last years game I got promoted to the Premiership as Leeds, got fuck all money for it and lost interest immediately.

Maybe it'll work somewhat properly this year, I naively thought.

Got promoted, got all of 4m to spend and 20k spare wage budget. At least 4 of my players wanted 10-15k wage increases and were getting pissed off and requesting transfers because they didn't get them.

Game can fuck right off once more.

I've found that this year, with the right adjustments to sliders, it can be fun.

And the online, whilst obviously better, has its own downsides.

I played against a right cock the other day who, even though was clearly really good at the game, got a 1-0 lead then proceeded to fuck about with the ball at the back/with his GK for the rest of the game. Every time I closed him down, he'd pass it to someone else. The few times he did go forward, he turned back and held onto it again. And of course, spamming pointless skill moves when I was nowhere near him.

So yeah, both have their advantages/disadvantages.

I've found that this year, with the right adjustments to sliders, it can be fun.

I'm looking for a good set of those .... *cough*

Others have adjusted more than I have, but I've gone with turning the cpu pass error up from 50 to 53, and injury frequency down to 45, with injury severity up to 58. It just means whilst injuries happen less often, when they do, players are out for more than one game week.

I use the pass error at 53 on Legendary, so if you play at a lower difficulty, I'd suggest changing it by just 1. It sounds silly, but the difference between pass error 51 and 53 is quite big.

• Like 1