FIFA 14 Thread

Dan

I was playing a drop in game last night and encountered a glitch where my player got subbed on for the opposing team near the end of the first half. Couldn't see him on the pitch until the second half started where he'd replaced a human CB who was doing a pretty good job.

He took this as an insult or something and started playing under protest, calling for the ball all the time and either scoring own goals or putting the ball out for a corner. The guy playing up front for the team then started to cut out the middle man and started kicking the ball out for a corner straight from the resulting kick off. It was great for me caus I was on corner duty and managed to bag two assists!

Also, played through Div 10 of seasons just to get the achievement. Lost my first game as Villa, absolutely disgusted with myself for losing it. Switched to Norwich, scored within 3 minutes and had the guy quit to give me an easy win. Eventually I guess people weren't playing as 4 star teams so started trying out various 5 stars like Chelsea, PSG and Juve. Ended up promoted by winning 7-1 in the final game to have a record of 4-1-1. Not happy I didn't managed to go 100% but eh, probably wont touch it again. :shifty:

Oh and here's my (mostly) Serie A team ATM in case anyone is curious, possibly Nerf since he's doing similar. There's a few more players not on the bench right now, the bench is more set up to be a second XI to play 3-5-2.

I've found it's shockingly easy to build a great team. Not sure how many people do this, but I'm just beasting offline seasons to raise cash. I find a single season gives me enough for one or two world-class additions to my squad. Targeting a new RB (probably de Sciglio) and CM (I might get Aquilani too! Soft spot for obvious raisins) at the end of this season. Third season in is a lot more difficult, find my fixtures are against teams like Newcastle on World-Class and Legendary difficulty, but won my opening game fairly comfortably at 3-0 so I may do better than I expected.

Made the mistake of challenging the TOTW on Ultimate difficulty though. Got trounced 2-0 :(

A promising start to Div 7!

Drew my first game 2-2, from 2-0 down. My opponent was crazy good going forward, but couldn't defend for shit.

2nd game looked to be heading the same way at 2-2, but Tony Kroos scored a 90th minute winner in a game that took much longer than usual due to almost unbearable lag, the worst I've seen this year. It cost me a goal at 2-1 up, too. Play would freeze for up to 30 seconds a time, quite regularly. :/

3rd game, I beat a team of Cech, Kompany, Xavi, Jesus Navas and Rooney 5-1. He was pretty terrible too. These people are surely purchasing coins online to afford players like that, because it can't be through playing well.

So, 7 games to go. 1 point keeps me in Div 7, 7 will get me promoted, 10 wins the title and a 5,000 coin bonus.

Officially retiring from Seasons. Absolute waste of fucking time trying to play attractive football and getting done 4-0 by somebody with 30% possession and 50% passing accuracy. Fucking joke marketing the whole game around "you have to build up patiently in midfield now" because that's the opposite of the truth. That's how I play, and I am punished for it, while talentless cunts reap the rewards. Fuck EA and fuck this game.