FIFA 14 Thread

Dan

The leap in difficulty in this game between professional and world class is insane. Professional is walk the ball into the net dull while world class has Stoke playing like Barcelona and scoring goals you literally can't defend against. I'm scared to see what the hardest one (legendary?) is like.

Anyone know of a good set of sliders for fun yet challenging games?

The leap in difficulty in this game between professional and world class is insane. Professional is walk the ball into the net dull while world class has Stoke playing like Barcelona and scoring goals you literally can't defend against. I'm scared to see what the hardest one (legendary?) is like.

Anyone know of a good set of sliders for fun yet challenging games?

I never normally play the AI on this, but last year I turned the cpu pass error up from 50 to around 58 and it made things better instantly on world class. It was still hard, but it gave you the sense that they could make human passing mistakes, like you see online.

Okay so caved to EA and gave them my money because I couldn't get my cracked copies of Fifa 12 or Fifa 12 to stop crashing to desktop during career mode. Now I have Fifa 14, new menu system in career mode is pretty damn confusing. Hate the fact I can't see peoples' market value or overall value anymore, I don't care for the two tier scout system at all. That said as a former PES fanatic after I switched over I loved the detail of the game world and it's bazillion leagues, so yay. But now with Fifa 14 I'm finding the whole transfer and scout stuff pretty confusing, can has help please?

When I add people to my short-list, where the fuck is my short list? I can't seem to find it all.

Second question, what is the point of the second-tier scouts? I get that they help show me the stats, but will they ever show me market value? Are they really useful?

Third question, how come sometimes I can 'enquire about' a player and sometimes I cant when looking at their profile? Do I need a scout in that players league 'enquire about'?

Fourth question, how can I find the list where my current transfer negotiations are? I can only seem to access it when I get an email about a transfer.

Also, not being able to release all the deadweight in my QPR squad (because of the release cap) to fill it with Spanish teenagers is frustrating. Other than this i'm very happy.

Fifth question, how do dive as the goalkeeper in a penalty shoot-out with keyboard controls? It's not even listed in the 'controls' section in-game :(

Edited by snakesonaplane

Career mode just doesn't seem fluid enough for me. Laggy menus, and it takes forever to get anything going.

Another minor issue is the fixture lists always reflecting real life. I wanted to mix them up a little. Not sure you can though, unless you create a custom tournament outside of that mode.

I don't know why I even bother with this game. Fucking terrible. I started to play online, and things seemed like they were going fine. And then out of nowhere, NOTHING will go right. It has become IMPOSSIBLE to win a header. If I am defending or attacking a corner, a cross, anything. I can't do shit. The movement all of a sudden just became unbearable. It's like the other guy can move seamlessly, cut inside or switch players or whatever they desire. I feel like I am playing with robots on a predetermined line. I can't switch players and make them run onto a pass/ball when they're obviously better suited for it. I can't score easy chances. I don't know why I bother playing this game, at it's frustrating as can be. Biggest mistake I ever made was getting rid of FIFA 13, expecting this year's game to be actually good.

I don't know why I even bother with this game. Fucking terrible. I started to play online, and things seemed like they were going fine. And then out of nowhere, NOTHING will go right. It has become IMPOSSIBLE to win a header. If I am defending or attacking a corner, a cross, anything. I can't do shit. The movement all of a sudden just became unbearable. It's like the other guy can move seamlessly, cut inside or switch players or whatever they desire. I feel like I am playing with robots on a predetermined line. I can't switch players and make them run onto a pass/ball when they're obviously better suited for it. I can't score easy chances. I don't know why I bother playing this game, at it's frustrating as can be. Biggest mistake I ever made was getting rid of FIFA 13, expecting this year's game to be actually good.

I was exactly the same but I've managed to adapt to the game. Try mucking about with the custom tactics, and I got some results playing a 4-1-4-1 formation.

Anyone know of any decent-ish players who will sign on a free transfer during the first transfer window of career mode?

I've only found Casado (LB for RM Castilla) and Meijas (GK for RM Castilla), Meijas is a top, top buy, as his projected overall is 79.

Also I really need to find out how to defend a spot-kick as the GK, since standing still (or moving randomly side to side) can only get me so far in the world.

Edited by snakesonaplane