FIFA 14 Thread

Dan

I successfully negotiated UT Div 9, and won the title at the first time of asking. Didn't look like I was going to for a while, as I started off with 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats again.

One of those draws, included this;

Fifa_zpsfc71ff8a.jpg

He loved playing the ball over the top, and had the most ultimate of ultimate teams, with players like Gotze, Reus and Vidic in his side. Basically, anyone who's expensive and isn't named Ronaldo or Messi, this guy seemed to have.

I was 2-0 and 3-1 down, but he couldn't defend for shit. And if it wasn't for Cech (yep, he had him too) who made about 9 worldie saves, I would have won it. Typically, all 3 of his shots on target went in.

Haven't made any additions to my starting line-up, but I now have a bit more strength in depth with Draxler (CAM) and Kone (ST) to play when others are tired. I try not to rest Kroos much though, as he's pretty tasty from 25 yards.

I'll either start Division 8 tonight or tomorrow.

EDIT: Just picked up Thomas Muller (85 Rated, Bayern) for a reasonable 6.6k. He'll take the RM spot. Looking to bring in Podolski or Schurrle as my LM eventually.

Had similar success with West Ham last night, though not quite as many games.

Jaaskelainen, (4) Demel, Tomkins, Collins, Rat, (2) Noble, Diame, (3) Cole, Nolan, Downing (1) Carroll.

Won one match 4-1 thanks to an Andy Carroll hat-trick. Not a single headed goal, either :shifty:

Having bought a couple of packs, I'm swiftly coming to the conclusion that it's a bloody useless way of obtaining cards unless you get super-lucky and receive a rare Gold that would otherwise cost you £20k+ on the market. If the random Gold cards I otherwise get were easy to flog, then fine, but they're all these random continental players that simply don't shift because no one cares for them. Net result = very, very poor value for money. Better to stick to trading Premier League players that people might actually want to buy (I don't know exactly how many Tom Cleverleys I've bought and sold but it's got to be getting on for a couple of dozen by now :shifty:).

Anyway, I've moved on from my initial FUT team that had an 'Italian players in Serie A' theme and have built myself a Premier League one instead. Current squad:

FIRST XI

GK Tim Howard

DL Fabio

DC Modibo Diakite

DC Sylvain Distin

DR Cesar Azpilicueta

ML Steven Pienaar

MC Aaron Ramsey

MC Moussa Sissoko

MR Victor Moses

ST Fernando Torres

ST Danny Welbeck

SECOND XI

GK Mark Schwarzer

DL Davide Santon

DC Matija Nastasic

DC ...just realised I ought to get a fourth CB. :shifty:

DR Phil Jones

ML Matthew Etherington

MC Marco van Ginkel

MC Jack Rodwell

MR Damien Duff

ST Darren Bent

ST Papiss Cisse

Currently dicking around in single player seasons (about to win Div 9), getting some more practice in against Semi-Pro/Professional level CPUs before dipping back into online play.

Oh no, I don't normally buy packs. As in, I've never earned a trophy for opening X amount of packs, but whenever I have, it hasn't turned out well.

EA have suckered me in before with their "special" packs, and I've ended up with a 75 rated Colombian as my best player. :/

I got a couple of packs to start off but haven't got any since. Best players I got where Torres and Podolski x2 I think.

Currently running with:

Lloris

Walker Vertonghen Chichires Baines

Lamela Arteta Cabaye Podolski

Negredo Torres