FIFA 14 Thread

Dan

Yeah fuck this game. It isn't good this year. I have a better first touch than the best players in this game. So you either have a choice of pinging it around with one touch passing or losing the ball by being crowded out before you can get it under control and turn. This has made ball over the top merchants even worse this year because if you dare take a touch with a defender it just cannons off them and into the path of a striker.

So I'm done with this for a while, it's not better than 13. I'm not even mentioning the career mode. Instead of overhauling it they put in a half assed scouting system, mask players attributes and call it a new feature.

Ugh, I shouldn't have bought this.

Really? I've actually found that the long-ball merchants online are severely handicapped, while playing 'proper' reaps rewards.

• Like 1

There's a balance somewhere. I hate how players watch the ball over their shoulder this year, if you're the striker running onto the through ball, but it's a lot better. Some people still abuse the long ball system, but it's much improved over last year. I'd always prefer 'playing properly', especially in clubs, it's a lot more rewarding, and it was shitty to get dicked about by that ball over the top all the time. It still happens, but a lot less frequently, and it makes it a lot more satisfying to play.

I'm starting to get the hang of it a bit more, but it's definitely more rewarding than last year in nearly every way. Though I've definitely sussed out that I'm much better against other people than I am the computer, I'm tragic against them.

Just as I say that, I get done 5-0 by a hoof-it player to get relegated :crying:

That happens a lot. I drew 2-2 with a guy who spent the entire match taking the ball in midfield and sending lofted through passes over my back 4, luckily only 2 of them worked. He finished with a pass completion percentage of under 60% but still held out for a draw.

I'm just not sure about this year's game. I like some aspects and detest others so I'm kinda stuck in limbo with it at the moment. Definitely need to give it a break today anyway and start again tomorrow!

I must have fucking cursed myself this morning, because since said relegation I've lost 4 games to those same hoofball twats. It's just about killed the online experience for me already.

I think perhaps they've learned how to exploit the new system. This is why I never play online games :/

I must have fucking cursed myself this morning, because since said relegation I've lost 4 games to those same hoofball twats. It's just about killed the online experience for me already.

I think perhaps they've learned how to exploit the new system. This is why I never play online games :/

I would gloat about being right about it, but I'm too depressed about how effective it is. :(

I just about got promoted to Division 7, with two more games to get 3 points to win the title. I have a record of 11-4-5 so far which is pretty poor by my usual standards. It's just annoying how I'm playing how I always do in FIFA, passing and more passing and that usually gets me really good results, but now I'm scraping wins and draws because people can press L1 and triangle together.

Might wait a week or 2 before playing seasons again, let all the good people get promoted and let the shite settle in the lower divisions before making my own move up!

The spammed crossing goals have been more annoying to me.

Anyways, heaven forfend that you won't be as good at this new game as you were at the old game. Seriously, as is usually the way (and as I'm doing now), you acclimatise. I've started off awfully compared to how I might reasonably expect based off of the old FIFA games, but I'm getting used to the system and starting to put a few wins under my belt. It happens.

Me being worse isn't the problem, it seems like it's gone back to 09 levels of ways to spam goals. The ball over the top problem hasn't been this bad in years and it's seemingly way too easy to score from corners too

Me being worse isn't the problem, it seems like it's gone back to 09 levels of ways to spam goals. The ball over the top problem hasn't been this bad in years and it's seemingly way too easy to score from corners too

I think Larz might have a slight issue with this statement. :P