FIFA 14 Thread

Dan

Bought it.

Completed it.

Won the World Cup with Vatican City, scored the winner with a 103 yard overhead scissor kick.

Oh, Gazz.

I traded in a bunch of old games on Sunday morning and ended up paying £3.27 for this (PS3). It's surely worth that, right?

Haven't played yet, but I want to try 2v2 seasons ASAP.

Lets play 2v2 seasons together! I'm not near as good as used to be at FIFA though so take that into account!

So, I had a code for 4 gold packs in with my game, plus another 3 gold and two specials to open as a welcome back.

I now have a full gold team, 7k in coins, and pulled a Joe Hart (I'll probably sell him as he's worth around 12k) from the packs. Not bad considering I've done nothing except open the packs that were waiting for me and releasing the shit ones.

Played my first game last night, as Wales v Mexico on professional to get a feel for it.

I see what people mean about first touch being a little off, in that professional players don't mis-control the ball with this much frequency, but the attacks seem more random than before.

I won 2-1, and my winner was a low cross tipped out by the GK to Rambo. His first shot was blocked by the defender, then it dropped back to him and bundled it in at the 2nd attempt. Dare I say it, it was a classic PES goal, and FIFA has always lacked randomness like that, so I'm impressed after game 1!

I like that Goalkeepers actually feel like people now and not a predictable magnet moving back and forth between the posts.

And TCO, I'm definitely up for playing 2v2 with you. Send me a PM to let me know when you can get on etc.

It does feel different to me, offline at least.

Tackling seems hard to master but players seem to close down and actually put a foot in now without the need to press the standing tackle button. It's a decent balance between the 'new' way and classic style of defending, I think.

Yeah, I think it's radically different. There's just a bunch of stuff I'm just not getting the hang of on pro clubs, anyway. You have to put more power into everything, passing's harder, turning players isn't easy, you have less space. I like it a lot, I'm not just not great it yet :shifty:

• Like 1