FIFA 14 Thread

Dan

Can still miss open nets though so Hughesy's in luck.

EDIT: I jest about the FIFA for iPad thing but it's not that bad really. It's free for a start but some stuff like career and I think even just plain friendlies are behind a pay wall so that looks bad but you do get a complete Ultimate Team and the dreaded micro transactions for packs so that's neat. I dread to think what the UT economy of the freaking iPad would be like.

Graphics are PS2 level which, I know the iPad is surprisingly capable and even this might be looked down on but it's fairly novel for me. You can have a fake joystick and buttons or just use touch which is like what I imagine PES on the Wii is like, directing your players around, making off the ball runs and stuff. It's quite satisfying to have someone make a run, pass the ball into the free space for them to run onto and then swiping to shoot. I did find it a bit fiddly at times though trying to select my player to make him move, often just making him slide about instead, plus the passing doesn't always work the way you want it to.

So yeah, not too shabby for a free thing. I almost said 'free little thing' but I think it's quite sizable, maybe a couple of GB.

• Like 1

Which is really annoying, I have Aly Cissokho who's worth at least 3k on the market at the moment and I can't get rid of him <_<.

I know it's to stop people from cheating by starting new accounts and making money selling their starter packs, but the hackers are just making money in other ways.

Dan was telling me they transfer over.

Which is both a blessing and a curse as I had like 95k left over that I never used which means mucho pro boosts and UT coins for me.

But this will probably also end with all the DRAGONS! saying "I don't have any coins. Buy me some boosts!"

• Like 1

I still maintain that I have no earthly clue how most of you had no coins last year. I don't know what you're spending them on, outside the pro boosts and UT boosts there's fuck all to buy unless you want to cheat your way through seasons.

Where are the custom audio options?

First game in, and two awesome goals from corners.

Need to find better kits though. Both my starter ones are the same shade of blue :/

Tried the demo last night for the first time. Looks like I'll be sticking to the 2013 footy games.

Nothing impressed me on the pitch. The presentation is even better now but I still think the gameplay is lacking. The AI are the same as ever, but when you use L2 to "dictate" play, it just looks really unnatural.

And it's been an issue for years with FIFA, but it feels like you're playing on ice as opposed to grass sometimes. It's like the players skate along, and even the ball appears to pick up pace at the strangest of times, sometimes after a short, slow pass.

So yeah, a pass from me this time around.

Any PS3 players need a gold-rated striker? I got like five on my bench and willing to part with three or four.

Looking for a CM/RM and any backs in return.

Also, in one of my pre order bonus packs, I got Emirates Stadium.

Also also, I thought they got rid of contracts this year.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

Whee. Well, hopefully the contract cards I got will give my current gold crew some mileage before I have to make another "junior team" of bronze players.

Next step will be finding a good set of kits for my team. I have a good white one with red shorts for my home kit, but I kind of want red as the primary color. Away kit IDK what I'll do, either the "reverse color scheme" route or just a plain black. Likely the latter.