2013 Summer Transfer Thread

In an interview with the Uruguayan radio station 890 Sport, Suárez said: "I've worked hard since childhood to get where I am and I keep getting constant criticism from the English press. It makes me tired. Liverpool want me to stay, but do not know what will happen. It would be difficult to say no to Real Madrid."

Suárez said Liverpool had treated him well and he had "only words of thanks for the fans", and added: "So far I have not received any official offer from Madrid."

Aaand we're fucked.

To be fair, I have enjoyed watching Liverpool play without Suárez. And about Iago Aspas, he's a good kid.

• Like 1

Literally saw a retweet of this from a journalist who spoke to Suarez's agent:

BLdmS_YCIAAH-Nd.png

But it is funny to watch Nerf's kanipshins.

In an interview with the Uruguayan radio station 890 Sport, Suárez said: "I've worked hard since childhood to get where I am and I keep getting constant criticism from the English press. It makes me tired. Liverpool want me to stay, but do not know what will happen. It would be difficult to say no to Real Madrid."

Suárez said Liverpool had treated him well and he had "only words of thanks for the fans", and added: "So far I have not received any official offer from Madrid."

Aaand we're fucked.

To be fair, I have enjoyed watching Liverpool play without Suárez. And about Iago Aspas, he's a good kid.

I haven't. You are a sick man.

Edited by Colly
  • Like 1

I think Charlie Austin would do well in the Premier League, in the same vein as Shane Long who has stepped up really well. Austin is a goal machine and has continued to flawlessly step up the leagues. He's a superb finisher with a good all-round game.

And Beckford scored 8 goals in 32 games for Everton in the league. He did well, and I was surprised they sold him to Leicester. He should've stayed and tried to prove himself further but he did a lot better than anyone gives him credit for.

Jermaine Beckford, David Nugent, Tommy Smith, MIchael Chopra, Robert Earnshaw etc.

Eh it could go either way but more often than not these sort of strikers bomb. Shane Long was always Premier League quality by the way, he wasn't and still isn't prolific but he had 50 Premier League games before he signed for West Brom.

As a Reading fan i'd disagree, it was only really when Kevin Doyle left and we had to give him a run in the first team because we had no one else didn't he really step up. He looked largely unfit for a few seasons and nothing was clicking.

2 seasons ago when we charged into the play off's he was fantastic though. Seems to have matured and adapted to the Premier League well.