2013 Summer Transfer Thread

Eh, if this thing becomes a "saga" I don't think it matters too much that we sell Suarez. The gap between us and the sides lower down in the table is so big we'll surely finish in the top half with the player(s) we sign to replace him. It's another season of staying where we are, essentially. With the right signings this summer we could trouble the top 5 a fair bit more if Suarez stays so in that sense it's disappointing but what's a fourth season not challenging for the Champions League (when we finished 7th under Rafa we were in contention for most of the season) when we've already endured three :( - it's not like we'll slide down the table much if he goes.

Biggest worry is that we sell him, his replacement doesn't gel with the team and Rodgers is sacked halfway through the season and we're back to square one.

I look at it this way. If we don't finish Top 4 this upcoming season anyways, Suarez will leave. And I still don't think we'll be finishing Top 4 next season, so Suarez will be gone next year anyways.

I wouldn't be too gutted if Suarez does leave this summer. The guys a fantastic player but at times we have relied on him too much and he can be a right greedy bastard with the ball. Even though he can produce something out of nothing at times and is probably the only player in our team that can do that, I personally feel we've looked better as a team when he hasn't played. If things aren't going right he gets frustrated and sometimes he makes bad decisions.

I'd be sad to see him go but we should be getting at least 40mil for him, add on top of that the budget Rodgers has probably already been given and a few players like Pacheco, Assaidi etc who look set to leave then we've got ourselves a good budget to make the squad more well rounded. I'd rather have a balanced squad with good players then a decent squad with a great player.

Monaco were fun to play as a few years ago. Some decent players but nothing better than mid table. Amazing youth system though and not enough money to do everything the boring way of just making big signings. Really enjoyed taking them back to the Champions League, especially as they're the French team I've supported for years.

Bring back the Monaco of Phillipe Leonard, Fabien Barthez, Sonny Anderson, Legwinski, Henry and Ikpeka!

Essentially the one thats on USM2. I loved playing as them for some reason.

• Like 2

Yep.

France was fun. Les Ferdinand was a freaking god in on the French database as I recall, basically because of the three leagues on offer, the 'European' players had different stats. Fredi Bobic had 99 shooting in England but was not as good in Germany.

Falcao deal is done. 5 year contract. Allegedly, he is set to make just shy of £40k per day, tax free.

A sad day for football.

A pretty average day for football, frankly.

• Like 1

FFP will never come about simply because if one of the best teams in the world is banned from Europe's top club competition it would undermine the competition and advertising would suffer. Worse still, if a few teams were actually banned they might decide it's not worth it to fix their business model and instead create their own European competition.

That is what I honestly think will happen as well, but in the event it would come about, Monaco are screwed. They play in what, a 10 or 15 thousand seater? Not a lot of people coming to see the mercenaries on the weekend.

Expect Tonev to be announced within the next week. Terms have been agreed apparently but the fee has not been agreed yet.

Also we have made a formal approach for Austin and Bannan is going to Swansea for £2m