2013 Summer Transfer Thread

Capacity of Monaco's stadium is 18,000 or so. Their average attendance in Ligue 2 has been only 5,295.

What you have to remember is that the entire population of Monaco itself is only 35,000. Unless they start drawing significant numbers in from nearby areas of France they're never going to fill 18,000 regularly. If they get over 10,000 I'd say they were doing well.

EDIT: Out of curiosity I looked up what their average attendance was in 2003/04 (when they got to the Champions League final) and that was 10,394.

That is what I honestly think will happen as well, but in the event it would come about, Monaco are screwed. They play in what, a 10 or 15 thousand seater? Not a lot of people coming to see the mercenaries on the weekend.

When the owner is that rich they could afford to play in completely empty stadiums without noticing a financial hit.

Fabregas is going to meet with Barcelona manager Tito Vilanova in the following days to talk about his future. Rumoured price is £25m, but for Arsenal he could cost £20m.

Hull City are keen on Leicester's Kasper Schmeichel, with the rumoured price for the goalkeeper being £4m.

Rene Meulensteen is set to become the new Wigan manager this week.

Mark Hughes wants to make PSV's Erik Pieters his first signing at Stoke.

Lyon midfielder Clement Grenier is set for a move to Arsenal, after rejecting Liverpool and Juventus.

Internazionale are interested in Tom Ince. The Italian club have shown their interest in the young winger recently.

Nani is close to sealing a deal with rich AS Monaco. Rumoured fee is £20m.