2013 Summer Transfer Thread

The French television station Infosport Plus is confirming that Chelsea midfielder Juan Mata is presently holding talks with PSG.

Pretty sure their source is a copy of L'Equipe.

Also, raising the stupid rumours stakes (courtesy of our favourite Italian nonsense merchant):

BOOM! Chelsea have rejected a swap Torres-Adebayor from Tottenham, according to Sky Italy

— Tancredi Palmeri (@tancredipalmeri)

September 2, 2013

Anyone else think that the BBC are getting ahead of themselves with the Ozil bid? There's a key difference between bidding for a player and actually paying the money for the player. Arsenal have been making imaginary bids all season, and if they couldn't afford an extra 3m euros for Higuain then they're not going to break their transfer record by £20m.

Marca (quite how they would know is another question) claim that Demba Ba has passed a medical at Arsenal.

It will probably happen, but again...Marca? Really?

Edit: Oh, apparently they're quoting Gazzetta dello Sport. So, um, another shade of dubiousness I guess.

Edit 2: SSN say Spurs enquire about Demba Ba, LOL.

I'm listening to the Alternative Transfer Deadline, the thing the Anfield Wrap guys are doing (it's on CityTalk 105.9 so I'm using internet magics).

It's fun.

Fellaini has just arrived at Everton's training ground. Can't see too many other reasons for that other than to try and force through a move to United.

If we do get Herrera and Fellaini, I'd actually be quite content with our options in central midfield with Herrera, Fellaini, Carrick and Kagawa.