Hate Watch TV

Benji

Definitely Glee, though I'm starting to run out of even hatewatch enjoyment. Season 4 has been more boring than trainwrecky, and I'm still smarting from the only relationship I had any investment in being torpedoed and all the ones I never gave a shit about being given the OMG 2GETHA 4EVA treatment. That being said, occasionally something happens like Jane Lynch doing "Little Girls" from Annie and I'm like "oh wait, there's a glimpse of a competent show here again."

Seconding Dexter, though I sort of appreciate that they upped the stakes with this last season. Only watch out of some completist mindset/undiagnosed mental disorder.

Umpteenthing Raw. I find it funny more so than frustrating though, but there's the occasional sad moment that turns me off for a spell.

Bates Motel started as this in a maaajor way, but I came around on it. Still think it'd be a way better show without the Hitchcock connotations, but that's what inspired me to give it a chance in the first place. It turned out waaay different than I expected.

American Idol's probably the main one. I'm convinced they've mined the country clean of undiscovered talent, but all of my friends and family watch and discuss it and I can't bring myself to be left out. :(

I pretty much stock to well-regarded stuff or guilty pleasure stuff beyond that.

Dexter. I've been indoctrinated so I will stick with it until the end, even though the last season was so shit it was outright offensive.

I concur with Glee. All the characters are twats and I hate everything about it. Yet I will still watch it. It is a disease.

I really don't enjoy watching The Simpsons or Family Guy 90% of the time, but I watch every new episode. Not really a hate though, more of I'm watching because it is there and I'm not expecting any quality whatsoever. Same as Modern Family and Big Bang Theory.

The Voice and Britain's Got Talent too. I would group X Factor in here but I have not really watched it in the last two years.

Any time I tune into a show that's not Girls or Mad Men, it's to partially hate watch...

lol

I have no real serious problem with Girls, but if there's one show on TV that's hate watch-worthy...

• Like 1

I actually hate every fourth episode of Girls. It's like they feel the need to catch up the audience on every character's exact feelings on everything all at once. It's happened in both seasons.

And I forgot Curb. I love Curb, whenever they decide to do it.

I usually drop shows pretty quick when they drop in quality, I hated Dexter S6 so didn't bother with 7. Aside from the WWE cop out, I'm struggling to get through Community Season 4. There are good episodes still and nothing outright terrible, but I wouldn't be watching if not for it's history.

Ultimate Spider-Man, though it's admittedly gotten a bit better over time. I'm still just irritated that Greg Weisman's fantastic Spectacular Spider-Man wound up getting the snub so Disney and Marvel could go ahead with Ultimate.

I foresee the new Avengers Assemble show joining the list shortly too.

Ultimate Spider-Man, though it's admittedly gotten a bit better over time. I'm still just irritated that Greg Weisman's fantastic Spectacular Spider-Man wound up getting the snub so Disney and Marvel could go ahead with Ultimate.

Oh yeah, totally forgot about that. I'm not even sure I want to watch season 2 when it airs over here, but I'll probably do it because I'm a sucker for Spidey. I really wish they'd aired both Spideys, and just had Ultimate be more for younger kids, and Spectacular stay as it was for young teens.

I know its aimed at 50 year old women, but Coronation Street is the best program on TV.

Is it shown in the States?

In Canada it's on the public television network at like 7 or 8. I used to watch it with my old roommate. It is a definite hate-watch show.