**SPOILERS!** A Thread of Ice And Fire: A Game of Thrones book discussion thread **SPOILERS**

Brienne shouts something, doesn't she? Stopping the hanging.

If ep 9 is gonna be the Wall.. ep 10 will be Tywin taking a dump.. leaves no time for Stoneheart, realistically. Unless it's a little clip at the end, hanging the Freys. So it'll be that or nothing, I bet.

I think you guys are vastly overestimating how long some of this stuff is going to run for. The season finale's probably going to be 60-70 minutes, and some of these scenes probably aren't going to take more than 10 minutes max. They can (and often do) cram a lot of shit into one episode, and with the extra runtime season finales get that's even more stuff you can fit in.

ADWD Spoilers

Yeah, GRRM confirmed Brienne shouts 'SWORD!' which was the other choice she was given, thus freeing the duo. She's last seen with Jaime, but I can't remember why.

As far as Ep10 is concerned, I reckon we get the following:

Book Spoilers

Jaime and Varys freeing Tyrion (confirmed, there's a shot in one of the trailers of the Varys and Tyrion in the sewers)

The above basically confirms Shae and Tywin are gonna get killed

Children of the Forest

Possibly Arya leaving Sandor and getting on the boat to Braavos, don't know if they'd leave that to next season though

Some boring bollocks with Dany

Hopefully something Ironborn, but since their next big thing relies on Balon's death, I don't think they'll kill him and Tywin in one episode, so unlikely

Lady Stoneheart in a closing 1 minute hanging scene of some Freys

Nothing from the Wall, seeing as it's being given the whole of Episode Nine. No reason they can't pick it up next season. This of course means no Stannis if they stay the same course as the books.

I'm pretty sure we'll get the fallout of The Wall. They're not bringing Stannis the Mannis in until the end of episode 9, so there's no way we don't set up for him in the North next year.

I think we're done with the Greyjoys except for some set up of Reek arriving at Winterfell.

And Dany's scene will almost definitely feature the dragons burning the child. They wouldn't have introduced the goat herder this season if it wasn't going to happen this season.

Best thing about Jorah being gone next year? We're going to see way more of Barristan Selmy.

If Stoneheart is in, it's definitely going to be a short scene at the end.

Man, this season finale is going to just drop all of the bombshells, isn't it?

I kind of hope that as far as Jorah's concerned they skip over what little content he has in AFFC and go directly into him being captured and sold as a slave, etc.

Did he even do anything in Feast for Crows outside of show up at the bar and get captured? I hope they keep that in, it'd be a great re-introduction to him. I think that's probably where we end Season 5 for Tyrion, with Season 6 being the slave story and whatever he gets up to in Winds of Winter.

Man. I don't even like saying Winds of Winter. It feels like the deeper you research any news about it coming out, the further away it apparently is.

I'm all for more Ser Barristan Selmy and less Ser Friend Zone. Fuck Jorah. The only thing I'm looking forward to him doing is

Safety Spoilers since this is just a predicition/wishful thinking

A duel with Jon which leads to his death. Why? Jeor Mormont gave him Jon the family sword, which should have gone to Jorah had he not been outcast for slave trading. I think he'll rejoin Dany's troupe, arrive in Westeros and see Jon with the sword and they'll have some confrontation. Jon'll get trialed by Dany or something, trial by combat, Jon vs Jorah, Jon wins and gets his freedom, Jorah dies on his own sword.

Jorah was in AFFC?

Also, yeah, I know that Brienne's alive, but they're surely not going to have a big fake death like that and have her reappear straight away in Season 5, right? I just think it might make Stoneheart come off a bit lame on TV.

I think we'll definitely get the election of the new Commander of the Night's Watch in episode 10, no?

Man, you guys are bad at time keeping. Brienne does a ton of stuff before finding Stoneheart, her Season 5 is filled. Didn't you read AFFC? >_> It's like 70% Brienne. Stoneheart will get her introduction at the end of this season and she'll probably meet Brienne at the end of the next one, or mid-way through.

And nah, I doubt it. I don't think Jon officially becomes commander of the Nights Watch until a while after the battle of Castle Black. I think that'll be an early story next season.

The problem with a fully Castle Black-central episode is I don't know how much of it will be put into the last episode as a result, which is why I suggested that they may just leave it all until next season. I suppose it didn't stop them with Blackwater, but there were a lot more POV characters in King's Landing at the time than there are at Castle Black now.

Yeah, but they kinda' skipped all that stuff, no? Rorge and Biter are dead, so I don't know what they're going to do with her (where would she go with her guide (damn it, I can't remember his name)). Unless they take her to see Randyll Tarly so we get an introduction of Sam's father? and then we meet the septon (who's name I've also forgotten, I'm terrible at this minor characters)? Could be, I guess, but it seems like a bunch of fat that the showrunners love to cut.

Is Stoneheart confirmed for this season? I could see her being introduced as the ending of next season's first episode.

Also, Lena Headey's Instagram account is amazing. Full of spoilers :P

Rorge and Biter don't really need to be Rorge and Biter, though. They can be any other random thugs. Of all the characters, Brienne arguably has the easiest amount of freedom for D&D.

The only reason I feel like it's a certain thing we'll see her this season is because it's such a perfect cliffhanger. And it'd also avoid her rejoining the cast spoiling it for non-readers.

Two things: holy shit, people need to stop whining about book discussion in the GoT topic.

The other thing: at the end of Dance with Dragons, what was the big commotion that happens at the end of the story at the wall? When the last Jon chapter happens? I seem to remember the Nights Watch takes that diversion to take back control, but I don't remember what the diversion was.

Two things: holy shit, people need to stop whining about book discussion in the GoT topic.

The other thing: at the end of Dance with Dragons, what was the big commotion that happens at the end of the story at the wall? When the last Jon chapter happens? I seem to remember the Nights Watch takes that diversion to take back control, but I don't remember what the diversion was.

Spoilers

Do you mean Jon getting stabbed by a group of the brothers because he wants to break his vows and ride south

Fuck them whiny show-only bastards. :shifty: Don't read this post unless ya've read the books, folks.

Good episode 9. I like using Grenn to do Donal's hero death. The difference in Ygritte's death was good for a TV audience. Oh! and Three Finger Hobb with the cleaver was badass.

Next episode is gonna be awesome..

Stannis the Mannis!

Bloodraven!

Tyrion's escape!

Dragon's eat!

& it seems The Hound is gonna fight Brienne.. which is just.. very different to the book. If Brienne knows Arya is alive after this meeting, then what happens when Lady Stoneheart gets her hands on her?

• Like 1

I find it so weird that episode 9 was just the first night of the battle of Castle Black, I was definitely expecting the first half of the episode to be the first night of the battle and the second half to be the next night, with Stannis showing up near the end to save Castle Black. Next week's episode is going to wind up being jam-packed full of stuff, especially if it includes the big climax of the Battle of Castle Black.

It felt like a really good action piece, but with seemingly so little done to characterize anyone in the Night's Watch all season, I wasn't really as invested in it as much as I was in the book version of the battle. That's just me though.