**SPOILERS!** A Thread of Ice And Fire: A Game of Thrones book discussion thread **SPOILERS**

She wears a wig on set, always had short hair when I've seen her. But I'm sure I saw somewhere that her walk of shame was confirmed.

I knew the blonde hair was a wig, I just always thought her hair was longer than that. Either ways, awesome, that's one of my absolute favorite scenes.

She wears a wig on set, always had short hair when I've seen her. But I'm sure I saw somewhere that her walk of shame was confirmed.

I knew the blonde hair was a wig, I just always thought her hair was longer than that. Either ways, awesome, that's one of my absolute favorite scenes.

Yeah, I read a report yesterday in which the show was denied a nude scene permit in Italy. The scene was denied because Headey was suppose to walk out of a church nude.... so basically, they have all but confirmed that scene to happen.

I am excited and disappointed by this news. I can't wait for Headey to go 'power crazy' but I was hoping for a more prolonged run for her in that role. I was hoping they would drag out her role until the middle of next season. If the reports are true, her rise and fall should all happen this year.

Yeah, I was actually hoping that her whole crazy route, changing the small council, allowing the church to take up a military arm and everything would be prolonged for a whole season, actually. It'd be so fucking frustrating and annoying that it'd be killing people who haven't read what happens to her after. Then around the start of the season after next she'd be imprisoned and everything. Oh, well.

• 3 months later...

So I caught up! Started watching the TV show in April and watched the Season 4 finale all caught up. Started reading the books in the summer and I finished this week.

Unbelievable series and I can't wait for the Winds of Winter!

I hope Young Griff really is Aegon VI and it comes full circle with him uniting Westeros once again. Jon Snow is brilliant in the books too, I never took to him that much in the show. They never really develop his character enough. Hope it all works out for him too, though it's looking unlikely.

Anyway, yay for being a book guy now! Can't wait to slowly start hating the show for the stuff they'll leave out!

• 1 month later...

So Winds of Winter isn't coming out until 2016, at the earliest. Boo.

Also, looking at the season 5 trailer, is it a safe assumption that they are they leaving out:

Lady Stoneheart

Young Griff and Jon Connington

Iron Born sans Asha and Theon

Quentyn Martell

That's pretty crappy.

Actually, I think Sansa might be taking on the Lady Stoneheart role, obviously not certain aspects of it, but the vengeful character aspect at least.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WOTW Article where they say that they weren't doing the Greyjoys.

I agree it's a mistake to leave them out completely, but at the same time, there are too many divided plots as it is. As it stands, the time is already divided this between (haven't seen the leaks so this may have already filtered down slightly):

• Stannis/Jon/The Wall/Wildlings
  • Brienne/Podrick
  • Sansa/Littlefinger
  • Arya/Faceless Men
  • Theon/Boltons
  • Cersei/Margaery/King's Landing
  • Jaime/Dorne
  • Tyrion/Varys
  • Dany/Barristan/Daario
  • Grey Worm/Missandei extra stuff

Adding the Greyjoys into an already crowded hour of television will just take up time from one of the other ten scattered plot lines. It'll filter down a bit by towards the end

Potential leak spoilers, I haven't watched them so only judging from rumours I've seen

(Tyrion and Varys are headed to Dany, Grey Worm rumoured to be getting killed off, Brienne following Sansa northward, Sansa supposedly marrying Ramsey, impending Battle of Winterfell)

so once they've converged and killed a few people off, there'll be room in the show for them to have their time properly.

They've made reference to the uncles in the past, and they never did kill of Balon. If they still want to do something with them, they can put it into next season easy enough. I'm still hoping that the Kingsmoot is one of the early pieces for next season.

Hell, they've already bumped Bran's stuff out because there's too much going on as well. I see those that and The Greyjoys being two of the main additions next year.

They really are deviating a little too much from the books for my liking. Not to go into details because I've only watched 3/4 episodes out there and they're leaks, but overall it seems like their merging characters and entire arcs while leaving out some major points along the way too.

Also no Ironborn. :(

I've long since accepted that it's going to be two different versions of the story. If you're worried about not enjoying the show, try looking at it more like adaptions of comic books into films. They're going to use key elements and reach the same plot points, but don't expect them to get there the same way the books might.

Pretty bummed that we're getting no Euron, though. He's such a great character for a TV show, badass evil pirate king.

I'm definitely in the camp of having accepted the 'alternate timeline' approach for the tv show, because let's face it, they were always going to overtake the books.

I do feel like they've pretty much shat on the Ironborn though. They've done nothing of note since Theon got captured, and what they did do last season was pretty useless too.