**SPOILERS!** A Thread of Ice And Fire: A Game of Thrones book discussion thread **SPOILERS**

I miss Jamie's character developing in to the good guy in the book, he was fantastic in stopping a war with his words and what not.

When they did the rape scene in the show I knew they could never do what they did for him in the book.

Oh definitely this.

In the book the turn of Jaime is fantastic. I went from hating him, to loving him.

Now in the show I like him because of what I know he does in the books.. but in the show he's done nothing to make him super likeable really.

• Like 1

I felt like his stock was super high before he came to King's Landing, too. The past couple of seasons has really tarnished the show character, in my eyes. I keep on expecting him to be as amazing as he basically is in the books (like the way he handles the Kingsguard), but he seems to be a bit of a bumbling fool.

I'm just gutted we didn't get a season long Jaime and Bronn bro road trip.

By the way, how many of you have read thousands of pages of ASOIAF and still not noticed that it's 'Jaime Lannister', not 'Jamie Lannister'?

• Like 2

Yeah I'm anticipating "something" with Nymeria but not sure what it will be.There's got to be a reason he has dropped those little breadcrumbs rather than just leaving her. It's like the Jeyne Poole thing, what was going to happen wasn't easy to predict but that he kept dropping things in there about her to keep her in mind showed that there was something lined up.

So I was going to write in the show thread "as long as this season's episode 9 doesn't end with a Stark dying" because for the past four seasons, the 9th episode has had 2 Stark deaths and 2 big battles. Could this season's be Jon getting stabbed?

I initially thought that, but this is the possibly spoilery synopsis for the last episode which has me thinking differently.

Stannis marches. Dany is surrounded by strangers. Cersei (Lena Headey) seeks forgiveness. Jon is challenged.

That last part has me thinking that it's going to be the season's closing scene.

Assuming there's no major event in the 9th episode, I assume it'll finish on: Dany flying out of the pits on Drogon, Jon being stabbed, Winterfell on the cusp of battle and probably a pillow fight in Dorne. I'd hazard a guess that Cersei's walk will be next week and they'll squeeze Ser Robert Strong's debut in too, perhaps with some Iron Born foreshadowing.

Next week's episode is called The Dance of Dragons or something, and has a big thing about Daznak's pit, I'd wager we get Dany flying off on Drogon next week rather than the finale. I think Drogon burning a ton of bitches and getting our first Dragon Rider is gonna be the 'shocking Episode 9' moment.

That, plus Cersei's walk, some Jaime/Doran interaction as seen in the trailer, and the group from Hardhome returning to the wall should make things very interesting.

Yeah, the big thing next week I think will be the dragon ride.

The finale will mostly be about Cersei's walk, Arya's assassination and Stannis's decision. It will probably book end with Jon returning from Hardhome and sending Sam to Oldtown and then end with him being stabbed. Good call on who was suggested to do it, I like that.