**SPOILERS!** A Thread of Ice And Fire: A Game of Thrones book discussion thread **SPOILERS**

I think the mixed race fierce warrior could be Darkstar.

It'd be odd if we're only getting Euron, tbh. I expect more Greyjoys.

While the book thread is being used, I'm so annoying at the difference in Loras' story.

h3jVJdq.pngThat about sums it up.

I also want some Blackfish, damnit.

Yeah, the way Loras is portrayed in the TV show makes me kinda sad, he deserves better than being a caricature of a gay man. :(

Yay for Iron Born and potentially the Kingsmoot! Hopefully they start fleshing Asha out, if they are moving forward with Euron and Victarion. I don't have much faith in them after the way they've portrayed the Martells along with the exclusion of Quentyn.

Loras was always a knight first in the book. He was a knight, who happened to be gay. In the show he's very much been a gay man, who can use a sword.

I really want to see some Greyjoy stuff. Missing out on Quentyn, Jon & Aegon really annoys me.

• Like 1

I also want some Blackfish, damnit.

This.

Also, little show prediction: Davos will bring up that Melisandre's magic hasn't fully worked, since Balon hasn't died with the other usurpers he named. Asha/Yara/whatever her name is will get back to the Iron Islands, Balon will have his death scene, word will reach Stannis and he will change his mind on Melisandre's powers, reluctantly convincing him to sacrifice someone to try and ensure his victory in the war with the Boltons.

Perfect set up for Euron's introduction in S6E1.

I hate the way they changed the Cersei / Margaery storyline this season. I loved the book version because it showed how much cunning Margaery had, which she was already slowly showing through her relationship with Sansa. It involved a lot more pieces and was a lot interesting to me.

I kinda' love how fast we've gotten Tyrion to Dany this season. I loved the boatride he had with Griff and everything, but it felt too damn long to me, and I kind of like how they cut that short.

Is anyone else wondering what Varys is doing now? I mean, he looked like a buffoon the way he lost Tyrion, and considering he was a huge piece of the puzzle for the past few seasons, I fucking miss him. Plus we should get a head's up of what he's doing, IMO.

I really like that it's gone off on its own to be honest. Last few seasons I've not been as excited because I'd know what was going to happen. But now its basically a separate entity, I'm excited to watch, and subsequently will be excited to read what's coming up.

That being said, I'm not a fan of the journey that Brienne and Pod have gone on this season, much preferred their stuff on the quiet isle, with Septon Merribald etc. But the casting calls suggest that something similar may happen next season so that's cool.

Quite like the Jamie and Bronn in Dorne arc actually. In the books I wasn't too interested in the stuff that happened in Dorne so this is fine. Myrcella also seems to be portrayed more than just "a kid who gets told where to go" like in the books, so that's a neat development. Saying that, I kind of liked the Jamie in the Riverlands from the books, so that's kind of a shame.

The guy that plays the High Sparrow makes any changes to the King's Landing stuff okay in my eyes btw.

Most annoyed change: Dorne plot. I never understood why they were sending Jaime there, and gave it the benefit of doubt because it would have potentially been more interesting than him traipsing around The Riverlands doing little of interest, but it's not filled me with any confidence that they've done the choice justice. Three episodes left to change my mind though.

Favourite change: Not necessarily a change, per se, but I loved the Varys/Littlefinger interactions from the earlier seasons, specifically the whole 'Chaos is a ladder' scene. Since we don't get either as a viewpoint in the books, it was really interesting to see the two characters interact. There's a few other scenes I really liked which weren't in the books due to lack of viewpoint as well.

If we're talking just this season, then my favourite change has been condensing JonCon into Jorah with the greyscale stuff and basically just adapting Aegon's storyline so we got the Tyrion/Dany meeting quicker.

Most annoyed is the changing of Tyrion's story. Skipped Jon Connington, Young Griff, Penny, Yezzan, Brown Ben Plum and the Second Sons, gave Ser Jorah a death sentence and rushed his inevitable meeting with Daenerys. Littlefinger inexplicably handing Sansa over to the Boltons is a very close second, with the Martell's arc not too far behind!

Nothing really comes to mind that they've drastically improved, although the Faith Militant and High Sparrow are adapted well, albeit at the cost of ruining Cersei's storyling

Oh yeah, fuck replacing Jeyne Poole with Sansa too. Understandable since they had no source material left, but she's been through enough already, dammit.

It's a great storyline, and I really don't get the 'rape scene' uproar because they've shown way, way worse before, I just want Sansa to turn things around like she seems to be in the books.

As for me.. as already mentioned, I hate what they've done to Loras. I really dislike Brienne in the show, didn't like her getting one over on the Hound either. I don't like the fact Young Griff and Jon Con are cut. I was so excited for all that in the books, but I'm kinda assuming it's pointless now. The lack of Iron Island stuff was annoying, but Euron being cast is a very good thing, with all that due next season. Really dislike Sansa marrying Ramsey. Oh god, no Quentyn too. That's shit. In fact, there's a lot of stuff that isn't great.

As for what I like, Bronn existing in the way he does in the show is good. He's a good character. And I know I moaned about a lot up there, but I do like that it's different. I want the book to be different (and better) because then I can enjoy both. I still like the show, it's really good. And I like the books. The more separate they are, the better. That way neither would ruin the other.