**SPOILERS!** A Thread of Ice And Fire: A Game of Thrones book discussion thread **SPOILERS**

Also spoilers for next week:

Someone spoiled for me that Jon's might be getting stabbed next week. I wonder if Ollie will be the first guy to stab him? After that conversation with Sam, the moment Sam said "Sometimes you have team up with bad people to do good things" or something to that effect, I knew that Ollie was going to betray him

:(

This week's episode was probably the first all season I thoroughly enjoyed. A big part of that was the big battle scene, the wildlings finally getting some proper character work done, and more Tyrion! There needs to be a lot more Tyrion this season, like a bajillion times more!

Re: next week, and possible spoilers for the season finale

Part of the season finale's plot synopsis is "Jon is challenged." I imagine the final scene of the finale will be Jon's stabbing.

And now, possible book spoilers thanks to the show I guess?:

Kit Harrington is signed on for two more seasons of the show. I think most people kind of figured out that with Jon's fate being left uncertain at the end of Dance that he was going to survive, but it seems like Harrington signing on for two more seasons confirms it.

Yeah, I'm assuming the same, too. I mean, Aemon's dead, Mance didn't have a baby on the show (right? Pretty sure I'm right here), Melisandre's already left the Wall, Lord of Bones is dead, so everything that is even slightly connected to that plot is already up in smoke.

Did Melisandre mention she saw Jon as Azor Ahai already? I had assumed that's why she tried to sleep with him.

I wonder what's going tip Jon over the edge and want to march to Winterfell that results in his stabbing. Isn't it a dubious letter from Ramsay demanding 'Arya' back along with Melisandre, Selyse and Shireen after claiming to have defeated Stannis and killled Mance? This won't be entirely possible without Jon's plot with Mance to rescue 'Arya' from Winterfell and given that all of Stannis' loved ones are back at the Wall.

You could just slot Sansa in for 'Arya' and the same storyline works. Honestly, though, I think what they're going to do is tweak the story so that it's more about letting the Wildlings in than anything else. They've put a lot of emphasis on how some members of the Watch are wary of it, and Olly's been especially vocal about it to both Jon and Sam.

I was going to mention this in the show thread, but I figured it'd be more appropriate here.

I guess we're probably not getting the secret marriage pact or anything like that anytime soon, eh? There's been no indication that Quentyn even exists in the show universe, and I think by now he'd have shown up. No Arianne either, and I believe Doran knows about Tywin so there's not much point to his whole "I'm going to take everything from Tywin Lannister" plotline. In the end what the show wound up with was a watered down, boring version of Dorne so far. I hope that changes next season, maybe they can reveal in the finale that Doran's been plotting against the Lannisters in secret this whole time and doesn't want to throw Dorne into war with the Iron Throne.

I do miss Quentyn and Arianne though.

I honestly can't decide if the change I hate most from book to show is the way they've handled Dorne, the way they've handled the Greyjoys, or the change to the Sansa plotline in the show. The Sansa stuff is probably the worst, because there's absolutely no reason for it, but, man, I love me some Victarion and Sand Snakes.

It seems in the TV show that Arianne and Oberyn were lovers? Is that something in the book that was implied and I completely missed or more HBO making things up?

EDIT: Apparently that was Elaria Sand who was talking to Jaime and threatened by Doran? Has Arianne even appeared in the show actually?

Edited by TCO

I don't think we're getting Victarion. Has the slavers siege of Mereen even been mentioned? The only purpose Victarion serves is to fetch Dany for Euron and be present at the impending battle of Mereen with Ser Barristan who's dead in the TV show anyway. They've essentially streamlined Dany's story where there's no Iron Born or Dorne suitors for her to deal with. Quentyn should already be Dragon toast but he apparently doesn't exist.

It seems in the TV show that Arianne and Oberyn were lovers? Is that something in the book that was implied and I completely missed or more HBO making things up?

Arianne hasn't been in the show, she got cut and they used Ellaria instead.

Whoops just noticed that now. Wow that's a terrible decision.

So wait, no Arianne and no Quentyn. Does that mean Trystane is the only child of Doran and heir to Dorne? That's so stupid! :lol: