**SPOILERS!** A Thread of Ice And Fire: A Game of Thrones book discussion thread **SPOILERS**

He didn't, I'm pretty sure it's just something they'll do. Weird that the list doesn't include Arianne.

I suspect that the major roles have already been cast, such as Arianne and The Greyjoys, and that they'll be the first ones announced.

Apparently Michelle Keegan's keen for a role in GoT and doesn't mind getting nude for the role, that forum I linked to seems quite keen on her for Arianne.

He has a kid with her doesn't he?

Yep, calls the kid Tyrion which makes Cersei suspect he's still in cahoots with him.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably just playing with the book fans. Makes sense not to bring her in right now as the storylines don't call for it in tvland yet. On the other hand, her arc doesn't require the "I will get Jamie and Brienne for breaking their vows" so much now we didn't get any regards sent by Jamie Lannister. That was the first trigger that we might not get her for me. TIme will tell I guess.

• Like 1

Well her confirming she's coming back in a random interview about 24 would kind of take the wind out of the sails of that moment so what else do you expect her to say?

I'm not saying that she should have said 'Yes, I'm coming back' but she didn't have to outright say no and ruin any hope.

And yes, I'm aware that it may be a ruse, but I somehow doubt it is.

They just about have to do Lady Stoneheart. The only other options I could see would be Arya running around assassinating Freys, or Brienne becoming something like Lady Stoneheart, but without the undead aspect (masked or a disguise, maybe?) and going after everyone involved in the Red Wedding.

Neither of those alternatives appeals to me, quite frankly.

Only other alternative? Bran. PASS!!!

*edit* Speaking of Bran, if his powers let him control dragons, wouldn't Dany reaching Westeros (if it ever happens) be a nonevent if he's still alive? Sure, she's got an army, and she's immune to fire. But if Bran could control a dragon, he could use it to roast her army, then control each dragon and make it suicide.

Edited by GhostMachine

Never trust what an actor says in an interview. The chance of them either lying or flat out not knowing enough information is too great.

That's what I'm thinking - what else is Michelle Fairley gonna say? "Oh, yeah, I'm totally coming back on next season as a hate and grief fueled zombie..."

I mean hell, she technically didn't even lie - Catelyn Stark is, in fact, dead.

Edited by tenaciousg

• 1 month later...

Question to anyone who's read them/bought them, are the Dunk and Egg stories worth reading? I've been re-reading through and want to read up on more of the older characters. The World of Ice and Fire looks good when that comes out too.

Also, upon re-reading, the amount of foreshadowing he puts into his novels is staggering. Never noticed this stuff on first read, but it's ridiculous.