State of Decay

Gazz

I downloaded the demo and it seems alright. I don't think it's something I would spend 1600 points on (more because there are other games I want more that I need to put money towards), but I think it would be a definite buy with some sort of multiplayer. The combat for the demo was okay as well, basically just mashing the X button, but the whole stealth/trying to avoid the zombies and stuff interests me.

Searching through stuff is a nice touch, with being able to do so faster but at the cost of making noise. Shutting a door was able to hold them off for a bit, but they eventually broke through it. Some even glitched through the walls I think. Was able to distract a horde with some firecrackers and tossed a petrol bomb once they had gathered around it.

Last time I played was the other day and I was getting to the church from the mountains, anyway, the bridge was down and me being a bright spark thought do like every other game, and jump it, one crashed car later, a car on fire, an explosion, and a zombie horde from hell. I realized things do get out of control very quickly in this game. :lol:

Last time I played was the other day and I was getting to the church from the mountains, anyway, the bridge was down and me being a bright spark thought do like every other game, and jump it, one crashed car later, a car on fire, an explosion, and a zombie horde from hell. I realized things do get out of control very quickly in this game. :lol:

:lol: I tried to jump the bridge too. Luckily my truck survived the jump

• Like 1

I didn't watch that "torn apart" video that Lukie posted because that's where I left off at in the trial and don't want to see what happens next without playing it.

It's alright, I guess. It all feels a little meh and there's not enough drama backing it. Like I can just run around and if my character dies so be it because I don't care about him and know nothing about him other than the little bits of information on how he's a natural leader and such and such.

Which leaves the enjoyment of the game in its mechanics and.. they're all pretty clunky. Not to mention that I've already killed a ton of zombies without breaking a sweat.

I don't know. I think I was spoiled by the Walking Dead game.

:lol: I tried to jump the bridge too. Luckily my truck survived the jump

Same here.

• Like 1

I bet the jump deceived everyone. We can make it, GTA has taught us we can make it! <_< One crash later and yeah explains itself.

Pretty fun game mind you. There a few things which they could have fixed and the whole stealth thing, well, it doesn't work well, maybe that's just me, maybe I'm a human happy meal for the zombies, I don't know.

The Co-Op part might be fun when they bring it out.

Going to play some more of it tonight at my grandmothers. She loves it. She just went "OH GOD!" When she noticed them all running at me. :lol:

I didn't watch that "torn apart" video that Lukie posted because that's where I left off at in the trial and don't want to see what happens next without playing it.

It's alright, I guess. It all feels a little meh and there's not enough drama backing it. Like I can just run around and if my character dies so be it because I don't care about him and know nothing about him other than the little bits of information on how he's a natural leader and such and such.

Which leaves the enjoyment of the game in its mechanics and.. they're all pretty clunky. Not to mention that I've already killed a ton of zombies without breaking a sweat.

I don't know. I think I was spoiled by the Walking Dead game.

I think a big part of that is supposed to be leveling. You'll care more about your characters and be worried of their death when you've leveled up a bit and would lose progress with skills and so on once you've died. If Co-Op is coming, I'll definitely be getting this on PC. Fuck, just imagine how great this could be if it has mod support? HD Textures, additional enemies, super hardcore mode, extra weapons. That's got some incredible potential.

Anyone know any decent LPers playing this that aren't from IGN? Because Greg Miller annoys the shit out of me.