State of Decay

Gazz

Anyone else picked this up on XBLA?

Only 1600pts and it's been getting rave reviews.

Seems to be a completely sandbox zombie survival game.

I've had a little play around on it, set up camp in a Ranger station, barricaded the windows and been scouting for supplies and picked up a new recruit. Seen an industrial unit and a pickup truck that I'm going to investigate later.

I bought it, haven't played it too much. It's pretty much what I expected, very ambitious but buggy. The zombies are a bit rubbish right now (near the start) and the characters are boring as shit.

Good for what it is though.

Having to wait for the PC port. :( How's the combat? Looks a little buggy, but like in a kind of endearing way if that makes any sense. >_>

I found it hilarious just to not use any weapon because that's the kind of mindset I use, you know, that whole 'I could nuke this fucker but there might be a bigger fucker around the next corner!' thing. Then you can just kick zombies in the gut till they fall over and then smash their head on the floor.

It does seem interesting though, the whole sort of building a base, maintaining supplies etc in a zombie game I wanted them to put into Dead Rising 2. Sort of stuff you see in online flash games really but in an action game. That kinda sounds shitty when I put it that way. :shifty:

I prob wont pick up till it's on sale, unless they patch in a really good co-op mode.

Well, I've been lead to believe death is permanent. You can swap characters through conversation options and I'm guessing, once a character dies, you just warp to another.

I didn't mind the bugginess until a bug got me killed and with deaths being permanent, I'm pretty annoyed. Especially since that was my most levelled character. Not sure whether to plow on or start again.

Also barricading the windows is fucking pointless when you can't do anything to protect from them opening the front door. Also you can't shoot them, so you have to go out there to clear them any way.

Game is fun so far. It's basically everything I've wanted in a zombie game, just needs to be refined is all. More character depth is never a bad thing either. I believe this is the studio's first run at a game, iirc. I've also been reading & hearing that if SOD does well, a MMO style zombie game entiitled, Class4, will be the studio's next project.

Ugh, I'd much rather they polish what looks like a good game and add co-op rather than try another MMO. From my experience, the worst parts of those MMO Zombie games are all the random dicks you have to play with. >_>

• Like 1

I started as a guy called Marshall. I believe there are certain story character who are always present with other, lesser characters being randomly generated.

Co-op has been confirmed for a future update by the Undead Labs Twitter.

• Like 1