State of Decay

Gazz

Gazz needs to tell us what he is dooooiiinnnngggg!

Well,

the Ranger Station went to shit but I think it was a scripted event since it lead to Ed getting bitten

So I grabbed a car with Ed and Maya and set off for the town, didn't even see the bridge was out. Survived the crash and the ensuing mob of zombies. Scrambled up the other embankment and found another car. Got to the church, went out and found some other survivors, made contact with the army, who were knobheads and I've mainly being doing supply runs in the nearby houses to gather enough supplies for the 11 people in my community, switching between Marcus, Maya and Irma. I've got plenty of food and guns, but desperately need medicine and blunt weapons.

Raided the construction sites for building supplies to build another sleeping quarters and a workshop. Found a nice ammo stash in the gun shop and next I'll be heading out to the vets for medicine.

Had two cool bits so far, one, I was searching a house, not really paying attention to outside. Found a food stash, check my map and...

Hordes either side of the house, so I went and hid in the bathroom like a little bitch till they passed.

Secondly, Marcus was on the watchtower and decided to start taking potshots at nearby zombies, this alerted about 15 more so ended up bursting through the back gate. I watched one of them make a beeline for the Pastor who was looking after Ed. So I start running towards him, thinking he's unarmed. Nope, Pastor pulls out a frying pan from nowhere, Looney Tunes style and decapitates the zombie with one blow.

Amazing. Do you know what I love about this game from what I have read/watched, is that you can't just go guns-a-blazing into zombies thinking that is a strategy that will lead to your survival. You see zombies around and you have to hide in a toilet to survive. Realism!

This is a similar style game, just not from a 1st/3rd person standing:

http://www.projectzomboid.com/

Anyone played it? It looks heaps fun.

Edit: Is not fun. Just... awful and way over-complicated.

I gave Project Zomboid money about 2 years back. Haven't tried playing it in months, so no idea what kinda changes they made. But I enjoyed it.

Depends, really. You could probably survive if you're not alone. Seriously, I haven't had to hide once.

I was alone and my hatchet was severely damaged.

I haven't even fired a gun yet.

Stealth all the way.

There's a few livestreams on Twitch.

• Like 1

Depends, really. You could probably survive if you're not alone. Seriously, I haven't had to hide once.

I was alone and my hatchet was severely damaged.

I haven't even fired a gun yet.

Stealth all the way.

There's a few livestreams on Twitch.

Yeah. Same. I was hoping to avoid ever getting in contact with a giant horde, until.. Well, it happened. I was searching through things, but there were no zombies in the area so I figured it'd be fine to fast search through them. Except, I didn't know that seemingly at random, instead of making loud noises, you make a GIANT FUCKING TERRIBLE NOISE and pretty much are like, "Shit..."

And then came the horde.

And then came the horde.

A screenshot from that encounter...

Rambo.jpg

Pretty much. Except replace the gun with a machete (that broke halfway through) and a tree branch.

Oh fuck, everything carries on when you've switched the game off.

I left it earlier in the middle of building some improvements, with 300+ influence and just as dawn was breaking.

Now I've just switched it back on and the improvements are complete, I have 114 influence and it's the middle of the night.

Dismantled the watchtower because they're more trouble than their worth and I wanted to free up some space for storage.

Building options available.

Watchtower.

:facepalm:

So I started off going to the Ranger Station like I assume everyone else does. Did my vantage point, heard some gunshots and went for a look. Scavenged some camp sites on the way there and back.

Now everyones dead

:(

It seems really clunky so far but I like the idea. It reminds me of a third person Dead Island in a lot of ways.

As far as I can tell yeah.

It's a pretty fun game, if I had the points I'd likely buy the full game but it'd be absolutely fantastic if there was coop.