New Movie Set in Harry Potter Universe!

LittleDaniel

I love Harry Potter the books anyway but I've read this and the Quidditch book and they're pretty dull. It's already been pointed out but the integrity of the universe is paper thin, if you think even for a second about it, so many inconsistencies pop up.

Coupled with the fact that JK Rowling just isn't that good a writer, amazing imagination but very average as a writer, I'm just not that enthusiastic about it. It'll be huge though anything with the Harry Potter rub will be.

If this is done like.. a fictional documentary set in the universe, I can roll with that.

"...this wand goes to 11."

• Like 4

Yeah, I liked the Harry Potter books and movies, but so many of the fantasy elements of them seem to exist just to further the plot and are just sort of picked up as needed ("Now there are giant spiders for a while! And there are never giant spiders again!"). The stories are fine, but not really because of the world where they take place.

Didn't the giant spiders show up again in the final book? Am I imagining that and just assuming that everything ever showed up in the final book?

In terms of fantasy worlds, HarryPotterLand is the only one I ever had any time for. There's always going to be inconsistencies in this sort of thing but I found it remarkably entertaining, mainly because Rowling went light on the particulars, whereas others like Middle Earth get a bit carried away with trying to teach you every word of the fake Elvish language. Playas like me don't got no time for that.

Quidditch was absolute bullshit though. It would have been a half decent game if they got rid of the seeker nonsense.

I read for pleasure. I don't scrutinise the books I read, and nor do I really have the ability to. But very few books have given me more enjoyment than the Harry Potter series, both when I was young, and now when I am a very old and decrepit man. So I will go along to see this film, even if the characters that originally engaged me aren't there.

I think I would really enjoy a fictional documentary, but not one about dragons and hippogriffs and stuff. Unless they get David Attenborough to do it.