The all-purpose GTAV Online thread

probablyoliver

I'm about to do my first ever Deathmatch having never done one on GTA IV.

I am going to lose.

EDIT: I LOST! But I didn't finish last.

I just played an LTS game where all three of my team-mates were wiped out straight away. I then took out all four opponents one-by-one by myself to win it. I have never been prouder of anything I've ever accomplished.

I think my crowning achievement was missing that marker in the boat race, crashing on top of Larz, and ultimately getting a DNF after driving my boat onto land :w00t:

Also, just died for the first time in free roam as a permanent character so I got to see the little cutscene again. Kifflom and all.

Edited by Vitamin E
  • Like 1

Everything running smoother today? I wanna play. :(

Today was the first time that everything ran smoothly. Social Club stuff (pictures, crews, etc.), dropping in and out of servers with crew members at will, missions, it all went well. We'll see how it goes when more Americans start logging on in about seven hours or so, but for now? Glorious.

Managed to successfully rob a store. None of that 'get the money, turn around, and have the store clerk shoot me in the back to death" crap for me this time.

Last Team Standing is pretty fun. I quite enjoy the filters you can switch between when you die and are spectating.

• Like 1

Left it running this morning while getting ready for work, got no further than standing around with 6 other guys waiting for the session to launch.

Le sigh, one day...

Managed to successfully rob a store. None of that 'get the money, turn around, and have the store clerk shoot me in the back to death" crap for me this time.

Any time they've tried to shoot me, they've missed. I guess I'm just faster than you guys. (H)

Left it running this morning while getting ready for work, got no further than standing around with 6 other guys waiting for the session to launch.

Le sigh, one day...

That screen never comes up when a mission loads successfully. If you see that, you might as well reset.

Le sigh, one day...

That day is today Maxx! Today, you and I shall venture into the realms of GTA: Online! We will rob liquor stores! Run over innocent people! And eventually turn on one another!

Le sigh, one day...

That screen never comes up when a mission loads successfully. If you see that, you might as well reset.

Not true. I got it and then everyone left and then I got to start the race with Lamar.

Le sigh, one day...

That day is today Maxx! Today, you and I shall venture into the realms of GTA: Online! We will rob liquor stores! Run over innocent people! And eventually turn on one another!

lololololol He's gonna kill you and nothing else, stupid!

It's been working pretty smoothly this afternoon for me, although there was no one to play with and some griefer kept following me around killing me as soon as I respawned.

Also, I robbed a petrol station. While I was waiting for the guy to empty the register, I noticed the adult magazines on the top shelf. Particularly the third one in from the left.

http://rsg.ms/1bA0oKL

What.