General Podcast Thread

Hobo

11 minutes ago, Hobo said:

I liked With Gourley and Rust but i kinda dropped off with the really long runtimes

That's actually part of the appeal for me - being able to just spend a good chunk of the day listening to these two guys talk about why they love these dumb movies. 

• 5 months later...

I never listen to Conan O'Brien's podcast but I enjoyed this. Because Mallwalkin' is great and the epsiode they talked about doing here already came out and they got thrown out of the mall. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

WrestleMe is my favourite currently, so much so that I signed up to the Patreon. Consistently good stuff, never gets bogged down by actually discussing what happens in matches.

Matthew Crosby & Ed Gamble on Radio X continues to be wonderful. Crosby is one of the funniest people alive. 

Mike & Vittorio's Guide to Parenting is a new one. Two Irish comedians, neither of whom are parents, chatting shit for an hour each week. Makes me laugh out loud every episode.

What is Music? deep-dives Manics, Billie Eilish, Muse and Radiohead's discographies. Long episodes but the hosts are good lads and I enjoy spending time with them and disagreeing with everyone but Adam

Gig Pigs is promising, each week Ivo Graham and some other comedian take another comedian to a gig then chat about it. 

Ghost Stories for the End of the World have a UK series coming up. Essential listening for those interested in evil establishments and governments. 

Always Be Comedy is another new one. A comedian lists their dream main course, side dish and dessert  stand-up comedy line-up. Always like listening to Stewart Lee out of character. 

I've had Cross Bread on my feed for ages and never listened to it, and ended up binging it in one sitting.

It's a six episode mockumentary about a fictional Australian Christian hip hop group made up of non religious siblings. Each episode is like twenty minutes. Very, very funny. 

(Be careful of the listening order if you give it a go, the last two episodes were transposed on my feed)

• 4 months later...

I've been listening to Rob Brydon's Brydon &.

It can be very luvvy - it's showbiz people chatting and sharing stories about how they met, so there's plenty of namedropping, and stuff like Richard E. Grant being Brydon's next door neighbour for a while. And did you know that Rob Brydon was friends with Ronnie Corbett? You'd think he'd bring that up.

In spite of all that, it can be brilliant. Brydon's a great host and interviewer, and gets some really interesting stuff out of his guests. It's not appointment listening, but I've binged a lot of episodes over the weekend, just picking and choosing who I'd be interested in listening to - Reece Shearsmith, Harry Hill, Michael Sheen, Alan Davies, Lee Mack, David Mitchell, Miles Jupp, Bob Mortimer, and Richard E. Grant.

I'm always just fascinated by the nuts and bolts of what goes into a performance, or any creative enterprise, so hearing him talk shop with stand-up comedians and actors about technique and theory and how you craft a stand-up show, and things of that nature, is just really interesting to me, but he's always funny and affable with it. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Matt Gourley and his wife Amanda Lund have released a limited edition series called The Keys To The Kingdom where they interview ex Disney theme park employees about life working in the parks. Lund and Gourley both worked at Disneyland themselves.

Two episodes are out now. The first is about Princesses and the second is about the costumed performers or fuzzys as they were called.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Matt Gourley and his wife Amanda Lund have released a limited edition series called The Keys To The Kingdom where they interview ex Disney theme park employees about life working in the parks. Lund and Gourley both worked at Disneyland themselves.

Two episodes are out now. The first is about Princesses and the second is about the costumed performers or fuzzys as they were called.

I'll give this a listen, for sure. Gourley does the podcast "With Gourley And Rust" - it's one of my favourite movie podcasts because they are almost never negative. They always find things they love and enjoy about movies. They started with the big franchises, and are now doing stuff like "yuppie nightmares" and "mining The Shining". I highly recommend it!

40 minutes ago, Toe said:

I'll give this a listen, for sure. Gourley does the podcast "With Gourley And Rust" - it's one of my favourite movie podcasts because they are almost never negative. They always find things they love and enjoy about movies. They started with the big franchises, and are now doing stuff like "yuppie nightmares" and "mining The Shining". I highly recommend it!

You can also go back and listen to every episode of his podcasts I Was There Too (interviews with people who had small parts in big movies) and James Bonding now as theyre no longer paywalled and are being re released weekly.

Plus there's Mallwalkin' the podcast where Matt Gourley and Mark McConville walk around various LA malls and mostly don't get in trouble but sometimes do.

• Like 1