General Podcast Thread

Hobo

For anyone that likes Rob Zombie he's on Joe Rogan's new podcast. My brother's been watching it and it seems like Robert Zombert is an interesting fella.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

One thing I've noticed recently is that iTunes doesn't seem to have audio and video podcasts separated any more.

If anyone listens to any of the following, I'd like some recommendations for episodes to listen to:

Omnibus (the one with Ken Jennings) - I already have the English Starling, John Dee and Vending Machines episodes

The Big Loop

Sidedoor

Judge John Hodgman 

Last Podcast on the Left - Have theAdeleide (City of Evil),  Burke & Hare and Jersey Devil episodes

I tossed a big list of Last Podcast recommendations a page or so back. If you're interested in any of those topics, give them a go.

Omnibus I only listened to a few times but the 1904 Marathon episode was pretty good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/09/2019 at 09:25, K said:

Just what the world needs. Another straight white guy with a podcasting microphone.

IMG-20190917-WA0010.jpeg

ok so I recorded my cub scouts making podcasts, and it was super fun, but now I have a £150 microphone and nothing to do with it. 

• Like 1

Podcasts about mundane subjects. Or bad TV game shows. You rotate in a new guest host every week, introduce them to a bad game show, and discuss it together for 30-45 minutes.

Man, my YouTube channel might end up weird. I'm seriously thinking about alternating between spookyshit and a Degrassi-Watch-Along-cast.

59 minutes ago, Rey Cloudy said:

Junior High or TNG? Or Next Class? Probably TNG, right?

TNG and Next Class. I can kinda relate to both eras as TNG was technically a couple years before my High school time.

for Omnibus, I'd just say the best way is to scroll through the episodes and pick out anything at all that might interest you, it's such a wide range of topics. I did that until it got to the point that I understood the in-jokes, and was familiar enough with Ken Jennings & John Roderick that I'd find them entertaining no matter what the topic. I find John's voice incredibly relaxing now.

That said, some of my personal favourites were:

Bone Wars
Reindeer Wizards
The Smoot
The Bodies of Mount Everest
Telling The Bees
Scrappy Doo
The Blue Men Of The Sahara
The Boysenberry
Megafauna

But, again, it's really about just finding the stuff that works for you and going from there.

Buddy Peace, the DJ from Strange Famous records, and the producer of Distraction Pieces, has started a new podcast wherein he chats with local creatives in his hometown of margate. It's a nice change from interview format podcasts just competing for the biggest most famous guests, and ending up chatting to all the same people, saying the same things.

He's talking to local business owners, hippies, artists. Just semi-normal people really. The first episode is out now, and he's chatting to some guy that left his job to make hippy vegan soaps by the seaside.

The podcast is called Buddy's Buddies, and it can be found in your podcast app.

https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/buddys-buddies-buddy-peace-oUhRX8GduYJ/

Eventually there's gonna be a bonus episode with some beardy guy that cross-stitches as well. It's already recorded, he's just waiting to release a bunch of Margate themed ones before doing a bonus ep of a non-margate guy dropping in.

https://www.dungeonsanddaddies.com/

A D&D real play podcast about four dads from our world transported into the Forgotten Realms and their quest to rescue their sons. Not a BDSM podcast.

• Haha 1

One I that I like but is unreliable is Pleasing Terrors. Unreliable, in that they update whenever they feel like it. They did part one of a two-parter back in February, didn't do part two until August, and did a new episode in September.  That's it for this  year.

On 14/10/2019 at 21:32, GhostMachine said:

One I that I like but is unreliable is Pleasing Terrors. Unreliable, in that they update whenever they feel like it. They did part one of a two-parter back in February, didn't do part two until August, and did a new episode in September.  That's it for this  year.

That's my kind of work rate