General Podcast Thread

Hobo

14 hours ago, K said:

I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but My Year in MENSA is pretty good.

A girl joined MENSA as a joke, and it turned out that the MENSA community is full of right wing memeing, hardcore trump fans, doxxing, death threats and a deep schism that the higer ups in the organisation have been covering-up/ignoring.

It's good. Only four episodes.

Cheers, I'll give it a listen.

• 3 weeks later...

Believer is not the sort of thing I listen to, but it sounded interesting and wasn't very long and I gave it a chance. Not sure I will stick with it, but I could imagine that there are a few posters here that might like it.

https://believerpodcast.com/

Lara Campbell used to believe in ghosts. Now she pretends to believe in them for money. But when her ex-partner goes missing in a town with some very mysterious issues, she may have to re-evaluate everything she thought she knew. BELIEVER is a paranormal fiction podcast about ghosts, cryptids, demons, cosmic entities, and the fake psychic who doesn't believe they exist. New episodes every other Tuesday beginning March 3, 2020.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Last Podcast On The Left is no longer available through iTunes. Listening on Spotify does me no good, because I use my Kindle for podcasts and don't always have wi-fi (ie, I'm in a car), so I download shows on my computer and then transfer them onto it.

*edited to add* There's a new show called Food Court with Richard Blais I've downloaded, Only 3 episodes so far: Crispy vs soggy fries, Pineapple on Pizza?, and Blue cheese vs. ranch.

Edited by GhostMachine

6 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Last Podcast On The Left is no longer available through iTunes.

Why?

4 hours ago, LittleDaniel said:

Can you get the spotify app on your kindle? I've never had one so I'm not sure. But I know you can download songs/albums to your phone when its on wifi through spotify, so maybe you can do that through kindle as well?

Used to have the app, but deleted it. Never saw a download option while using it. Maybe that's for premium users,.or I just didn't see it....

2 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Used to have the app, but deleted it. Never saw a download option while using it. Maybe that's for premium users,.or I just didn't see it....

Ahh yeah I'm on a family plan for spotify premium, you probably do need to have it to download stuff

• 3 months later...

Hey, I was on a podcast!

Rob and Akiva Get Dragged

Each week, the hosts take ideas, put them on a wheel and then spin it to see what they podcast about the next week. I pitched an idea where the two hosts would compete in challenges to learn about drag. I got to host! 

On 04/07/2020 at 19:31, apsham said:

I really wish that Comedy Bang Bang had more videos on their channel.

I'd particuarly want to see one for;

In short; I adore Carl Tart.

I almost drove my car off the road the first time I heard "Hello gumshoes!" on Comedy Bang! Bang!

Marcus Parks of the Last Podcast network started a new podcast around the beginning of the year with his wife Carolina Hidalgo (Move Sign with The Mads) on music history, and the insane amount of prep and research that he does for the Last Podcast on the Left really shines through on it - and you can tell how passionate he is on the subject. Carolina is amazing too and the two of them really compliment each other. It's called No Dogs In Space and so far they've done episodes on:

• The Stooges
  • Suicide
  • The Damned
  • Sid and Nancy
  • The Ramones
  • The Misfits
  • The Slits

They're all multiple part episodes, sometimes going up to four (except for Sid and Nancy).

Check them out on Spotify

Edited by apsham

Scott Aukerman and Adam Scott have now transitioned their "U Talkin'" podcast series to U Talkin' Talking Heads 2 My Talking Head.

R U Talkin' REM RE: Me? was one of the greatest podcast names ever.

• 4 weeks later...