January 2014 Transfer Window

stokeriño

Then, something I can't work out. John Gudetti has just signed on loan with Stoke City. If Villa needed a striker, why not go in for him? Had a fantastic scoring record at Feynoord.

And, more importantly, he isn't Grant Holt.

This is probably why Villa haven't gone in for him. :/

The agent of Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Lewis Holtby says his client could make a return to former club Schalke this winter in a bid to play more regularly. The 23-year-old has struggled to make an impact since joining Spurs a year ago and his agent Marcus Noack has suggested a return to the Royal Blues in a bid to boost his dwindling hopes of appearing at the World Cup in the summer. "Lewis is desperate to play, which is why we are looking intensively for solutions," Noack tells the Bild newspaper. "Schalke is an interesting option."

:(

Ugh, don't get why Sherwood doesn't like him. Would be sad to see him go. Seen some talk of it as a loan, but I dislike the idea of that even more.

This stuff with both Holtby and Capoue is so stupid. I don't really want Sherwood selling off anyone because he's going to be gone in the summer anyway.

• Admin

Leighton Baines is set to sign a new multi-year contract at Everton, reported to be worth £75,000 p/w.

Fulham forward Bryan Ruiz has joined PSV Eindhoven on loan until the end of the season.
Celtic have completed the signing of Norwegian international Stefan Johansen. The 23-year-old Stromsgodset midfielder has signed a three-and-a-half-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Nemanja Matic is supposedly in the middle of having his medical for Chelsea right now. Eager fans are already flocking to White Hart Lane in search of an autograph.

Benfica confirmed the transfer. 25 million euros, it seems.