Best bang for your buck?

Liam

I'm fairly open about this topic, but I kinda plan for it to be a place where people can post about cheap/cheaper games that people might have missed, which are worthwhile or good games.

This stems primarily from this:

https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5055277009503#.UugCvLTFLIU

Vanquish is now £4 in CEX (and probably has been for a while). A really fun third person shooter, with a boosting ability to allow for some pretty cool set pieces and fast paced action. Well worth a look for anyone who likes these types of games.

So yeah, any good deals/old games/cheap stuff out there that people should keep an eye out for?

If anything, stuff might be even cheaper in CEX before long as it's in it's 'up' period at the moment. The prices fluctuate every so often, a good time to trade stuff now and hold onto the credit notes until things go cheap again or just have GAME match them. CEX is pretty good for picking up cheap stuff, just so long as you don't mind the occasional thing smelling of smoke or looking like they're caked in shit. I especially like them because they use good stickers which come right off and leave little to no residue. :shifty: They can just be slight cunts when it comes to 'supply and demand', like their £60 or something GTA 5 before the official release date or their inflated PS4/Ones. Hell, the disc version of Minecraft for 360 is selling in there for £28 which is like double what it's worth.

Speaking of GAME, you can get Gears of War 1 and 2 for like 99p each. Arguably, if you've got a 360 there's a good chance you've already played either one of those or aren't interested in them at this point but still.

Vanquish is awesome, love that game. You can pretty much get any modern Platinum game and expect something great. If you can pick up Metal Gear Rising, pick that the fuck up, it's god damn wonderful and should be cheap now. You don't really need to know anything about the MGS story either.

• 4 weeks later...

CEX is a great source for games, there are a few issues, first being their price variations, which its great for bargins but then again I've picked some stuff in there and then a couple days later the price drops, then their is their cases I have seen on a couple of occasions them using printed covers or even blatantly photocopied, might be nothing to some people but its a picky thing I hate.

Finally a big issue is I would never touch their online service< i've seen on many forums people waiting months for things to not be delivered. Which then leads to in store which can be a right bitch if youare hunting some something that only pops up in areasbeyond your reach, I'm rather lucky to have about 5 locally and a lot more with a bit more travel.

GAME is really good if you take a look at their deals and their multi-buy preowned can on occasion be a bit of a better deal than CEX.

One thing I would also suggest is local charity shops and if you are lucky a local independent store, I recently picked up one of the Layton DS games for £2 in a charity shop when it goes for abou £10 in CEX